What's happened to the forum?

roguevogue

What's happened to the look of the forum, the name seems to have been replaced by the Invision logo.

Can I have the old name and icons back?

Nick,

we moved to the new provider Friday and Geoff's logo hasn't been moved across yet. We're rather hoping to get a new shiney one from Michele soon but failing that we'll put Geoff's back.

Anyone got a better logo?

What's happened to the look of the forum, the name seems to have been replaced by the Invision logo.

Can I have the old name and icons back?

Some people are never happy :angry:

Trev goes to all the trouble of moving us onto nice fast, stable hosting, on the very latest software, and all you lot do it bitch about the theme... :rolleyes:

There will be a temporary logo just as soon as I get time to get near my own laptop and upload it, and we're working on a permanant one. Once we've got the logo we'll worry about redoing the rest of the theme to go with it (personally, I don't like this as much as the old one either - both are just the defaults for that version of Invision Power Board).

We're rather hoping to get a new shiney one from Michele soon but failing that we'll put Geoff's back.

Anyone got a better logo?

Hello,

I did a first logo I liked very much,

but Les asked for a different one

:rolleyes:

Having said that (hi Les!)

:)

I too wanted to sketch 2 or 3 options

so to eventually choose the best,

but it takes a bit of time yet,erm,obviously(?),sorry for that...

I also thought of a poll as I originally did when I first proposed

the Forum sticker (time ago,on the LRE forum...),

but I fear this would end in a total chaos with thousands

of different ideas and no time to try them all...or maybe not...?

:blink:

Tastes are different and there's to be only one logo.

:(

Can I suggest that it is a little smaller and more discrete than the LRA one for those of us who use the forum while at work. Even ORRP is more discrete than LRA, and that totty on it! Something simple in blue/white that fits in the current size header would be nice IMHO.

Cool B)

Michele,

how about just simply using 'LR4x4' or 'LR4x4.com' in a distinct font (maybe similar to the font used by LR for their model name). We can then reuse the brand name with other material on itesm like mugs or t-shirts but the label will always appear the same.

Can you do chrome letters? Might be nice and bling for the new forum.

Michele,

how about just simply using 'LR4x4' or 'LR4x4.com' in a distinct font the label will always appear the same.

Can you do chrome letters?

Hello there,

sure it's a 5 mins job,but what about the logo/identity?

It'd be "just" a label...my idea was to add a LR somewhere (being a LR forum,ya know!),

or-as Les proposed-something else.

In the end you need both the nice (chrome?) lettering and a nice icon.

Oi!

I'm not the landowner here,

I'm just sharing my thoughts/ideas...

If everyone wants a simple "LR4x4.com" so it shall be done!

<_<

Hello,

I did a first logo I liked very much,

but Les asked for a different one

:rolleyes:

Having said that (hi Les!)

I too wanted to sketch 2 or 3 options

so to eventually choose the best,

but it takes a bit of time yet,erm,obviously(?),sorry for that...

I also thought of a poll as I originally did when I first proposed

the Forum sticker (time ago,on the LRE forum...),

but I fear this would end in a total chaos with thousands

of different ideas and no time to try them all...or maybe not...?

:blink:

Tastes are different and there's to be only one logo.

:(

As this is a for the members by the members kind of place I think a poll would be an excellent idea. If anyone has any ideas then lets have them! :)

What I've always thought that would look AWESOME, is an outline of the front of a series Land Rover ( just like the hand drawn outline, that Jeep -forgive me for using that word- :o uses on there stickers ) then writing writing LR4X4.com just under it......or write what you want ...... The silhouette effect, really works....My thought/idea anyways... :rolleyes:

Todd.

Thats cool Michele but when did Magrait (sp) get a Land Rover.

Hey Dave!

Errr,it's supposed to be Sir Winston,"Uke" for you old & grey

:P

Jokes apart,I was neither sure about leaving or deleting him,

but I can do it in a snap any moment.

It was just the famous archive pic,and I've let him in place...for now...

Just an idea,the next will be more "tech" oriented...

:ph34r:

I hope you're not in a hurry

:lol:

P.S.

Will I see you again in Minstead this year?

I plan to come again,Dec it seems!

Sorry - but it's not my taste. Winston Churchill and a Series 1 have nothing to do with why I'm a Landie nut.

Here's an idea - most folks on this Forum are pretty into the off-roading side of things (rather than rivet-counting).. how about a background image of a challenge 90 or off-roader with the LR4x4.com title? Can you work on that?

Whadda people think?

PS - sounds corny, but I htink the chrome-effect letters would also look great. Certainly stand out more than green/yellow.

I don't think there should be any vehicle in the background. Not everyone is here because of S1's, 90's, or even off-roading. To make such a statement in the logo might put other enthusiasts off as it might give the wrong impression of what this website is here for. I think the forum name, somehow exaggerated so that it's easily recognisable.

Les. :)

Thats cool Michele but when did Magrait (sp) get a Land Rover.

LOL :D I made everyone in the office jump, I laughed so loud!

I don't like the idea of having a specific vehicle, but then a vintage LR might represent the beginings of the brand we love.

I HATE THE COLOURS! Chrome sounds good, but would it be costly to reproduce on stickers and T shirts etc?

What about an outline of a front grill (I don't know which one) with with the logo over the top. Blue grill, chrome / grey lettering?

1)a vintage LR might represent the beginings of the brand we love.

2)I HATE THE COLOURS! Chrome sounds good, but would it be costly to reproduce on stickers and T shirts etc?

1)that was the idea...

2)WAHEY!THANKS!!!

It's just a sketch,1st approach.

You're right about the printing issues.

I'm going to search for that Jeep logo/grill to have an idea,might be interesting.

But,as I already did a Defender front silohuette with the 1st forum sticker,

I'd like to avoid another one...

If there's one thing we need more of it's challenge 90's :ph34r:

Trev - CHROME? You've been spending too long round RedIbex :lol:

Yeh, sorry about that Fridge. I was thinking to reflect the techie side chrome like hi quality tools. The other word that I couldn't recall at the time (too much wine I think) was mercury, I could sort of see the letters in 3D with the mercury running off them. Maybe not too environmentally sound but new and shiny like the forum.

We will need stickers and t-shirts with all sorts of graphics on them but I think the word 'LR4x4' or 'www.LR4x4.com' needs to be well defined first like any other brand, (tesco, shell, BP) so even if we ran off a set of stickers, with each one showing a different model of LR, the LR4x4 label would be clearly recognisable and would link the different images together.