Shall we have a nice friendly thread???

300bhp/ton

Ok then if you had to single out one or two Land Rover models as your all time favs what would they be? :unsure:

Mine would have to be the 101FC, I love the look of them and their hertigate if not the fuel economy. :lol:

And the 90 will hold a special place also mostly for it's simplicity and off road ability.

Fortunately I get to drive a lot of Land Rovers, so it's very difficult to single one out. Each has it's own merits. My own choice in preferential order:-

The original catflap - a 1976 S3 109" inch ugly monster, which is how I got into L/R in the first place

1951 ex-War Dept 80" spread-bore S1 belonging to Sue Cummings. At the L2B run a couple of years ago now it wa stripped right down - no doors, no roof, screen down, the weather was great, and her vehicle is almost mint. It was excellent :)

S3 Ltwt - also belonging to Sue Cummings - always is/was a head turner, and in original military spec. I drove it for a year or so, and apart from idiots running into it (3-times), it's beautiful example of a ltwt.

I drove a 50th anniversary 90 once - a jet propelled brick, but the ultimate in L/R luxury.

Dr Goons 300TDi 110CSW - a giant red brick that has very impressive accelleration.

Mark Jenkins 90 - his philosophy is chuck money at it whenever necessary - one less clank/squeak/rumble is closer to the finish line.

catflap 2 - I've grossly over-spent what he's actually worth, but he might well turn out to be the best yet - because he will be such an individual vehicle.

Les.

IMO the most aesthetically pleasing model is the series 1 LWB pickup with canvas rear tilt. From a mechanical and all round offroad ability viewpoint my pick would be the early 4speed 110's. For structural integrity, series 2a models. RangeRovers and Disco's have their good points but the bodystyling and vulnerable exterior furnishings doesn't suit my lack of offroad driving skill re vehicle placement and damage avoidance.

Bill.

The first Range Rover, it's the comfy forward control, apart from the forward control bit.

And the power to weight ratio.

And the big winch.

And err the load area.

Anyway it's uber sweet and I want one, wait I have one but I want a new engine... :lol:

Mark Jenkins 90 - his philosophy is chuck money at it whenever necessary - one less clank/squeak/rumble is closer to the finish line.

Getting there, slowly, even though it would have been much more sensible to throw it away and buy a better one a long time ago. So yes, probably my own truck, as I've done too much to it to give up now!