value of a soft top 90

pugwash

Guest WALFY

Jim

I think late 7's that he speaks of is pushing it a bit. He has had no interest in it hence that post. It has no real toys to speak of. Reckon 5k tops.

Hmmmmmm :blink:

Well obviously it has the wrong engine :lol: but it does look tidy (cept the chequer plate and flaps)

If it's in bodily as good a condition as it looks (bulkhead footwells etc etc) then it has to be Circa £5000+ worth.

The good news is 'credit crunch' and 'road tax' joys have turned things into a 'buyers market', so its DEF worth less... than say 4 months ago :)

I think the bikini top could put people off vs a TC HT or Proper Canvass,.... so play on it ?

With a bit of carefull odd road abuse that could soon look proper :)

Nige

I'm with Jerry, not a penny more than £4k. It's an old 100,000 miler 3oo Tdi that's got rusty enough to need a new rear cross member. You still have to fork out for a hard top, truck cab or full canvas and hoops to make it practical.

Good luck, are you disposing of the tanker ? :)

Mo

Guest WALFY

Mo

Agree with your price as a starting point ;) . Jim wants it as a run around for when the cruiser is broken :P:P . Shouldn't do more than 10k in it a year eh Jim :P:P

Walfers old man,

I'm sure that the super reliable, high quality fastened Land Cruiser is never broken, that's why Jim bought it because they are so much better than Land Rovers.

<wanders off whistling innocently>

Mo ;)

Guest WALFY
Walfers old man,

I'm sure that the super reliable, high quality fastened Land Cruiser is never broken, that's why Jim bought it because they are so much better than Land Rovers.

<wanders off whistling innocently>

Mo ;)

I have heard that they are fairly reliable :P

Having bikini topped mine this summer it looks so much better, and you can do it to any 90 for about £250 using new parts, however it is not as practical as it was before, so now have lockable storage in the back, and is great fun in the sun!

Jon

7k he is dreaming

you could buy Roddysfor a little more

now that would be worth every penny he wants for it

and you could bin the vapour build saving yourself ££££S

err can we stop talking sense please :D

bloody good value there for someone- £10k for a running setup hmmm

(and to be fair to the cruiser the only bits that have broken are the bits I have fiddled with!)

Guest WALFY

Not being picky but if the tub has been bobbed it stands to reason that the chassis has as well. Didn't we have this discussion a few weeks ago with Bish?

Wow, the market must have taken a dive! I looked at approx 10 last year before I found mine (not many about in these parts), all around the 5 to 6k mark, all described as very good condition, no rust Etc. but every one of them a pig - chassis patches, corrosion, knackered interiors, knackered engines, no service history, the works. Most of those were older than '97 and around 120k miles as well.

If it's as good as he says it is (and that's a big IF!), then I'd have paid 6k easily for it if I'd seen it last year - based on the rubbish I did see.

Guest WALFY

He's making the mistake of factooring in the service work 1800 and the tat he's bolted on another 2k. The fact that he spent that money should have no effect on the price. As was stated above it's a 100k 300 tdi. Nothing more nothing less. If he gets close to 5k I'd be surprised.

I reckon £5000 is close to the mark if the chassis is OK, which is suspect if its been part replaced already.

The tarty bits add no value really, just desirability to some (not me I hate chequerplate).

Having said that it looks like a fun way to spend the summer so wave some cash in his face and try for a bargain ;)

Will :)

I'd go with a guess of around £5k to £5.5 based what I've seen sell.

Condition is what counts rather than the plate - that looks ok but would need to be checked for chassis and bulkhead condition. It says it also comes with a full tilt which is handy.

The 90 I bought at Easter was just over that and has done higher mileage but is a genuine CSW and has a full stamped dealer service history.

Land Rover 90, S reg (1999) TD5. Powys, Wales

Land Rover 90 for sale 135,000 miles. Superb condition. Orange, black soft-top and roll cage, bucket seats, JVC stereo/CD. Serviced, MOT January 2009, SORN. £5,900.

Kevin 01686 413857, 01686 412744 or To Email Click Here

It's worth what someone will pay but if I was looking for something like that (and I'm not) I wouldn't go any more than 4 / 4.25k absolute tops.

That about sums it up .

I have a soft top 90 and i have the same problem what is it worth, all though not that i am going to sell it , just nice to know.

Land Rover 90, S reg (1999) TD5. Powys, Wales

Land Rover 90 for sale 135,000 miles. Superb condition. Orange, black soft-top and roll cage, bucket seats, JVC stereo/CD. Serviced, MOT January 2009, SORN. £5,900.

Kevin 01686 413857, 01686 412744 or To Email Click Here

Nice, but there's a 4 letter acronym in there that rings some alarm bells!

I reckon it looks nice if you can get it for the right price, Pugwash. I'm not sure why 90s have this pricetag that owners put on them, they must think the chassis is gold plated underneath the mud and rust.