Moderator positions available.

Les Henson

Why should you drop out because of your post count. What if a real LR tech came on and only had 100 posts say, Should he be excluded from modding the Def forum for example. Post count doesn't mean squat. I know of several people on here who have run very successful workshops/garages but have a low post count. And have forgotten more than most on here know.

If you fancy a shot at the title then go for it. Like the mods have said it goes to them for filtering and then to a public vote. So every one has a fair chance.

However us newbies clearly don't have a 'cat in hells chance' - so for now I will respectfully withdraw my application.

Now that's the kind of up-beat can-do attitude so sadly lacking these days :lol:

Did I miss the post about a prerequisite post count? :unsure:

If the mods are desperate enough to suggest I'd be suitable for any sort of responsibility, times must be hard so I'd suggest all newbies throw their names in, and probably their pets' names too :lol:

Why should you drop out because of your post count. What if a real LR tech came on and only had 100 posts say, Should he be excluded from modding the Def forum for example. Post count doesn't mean squat. I know of several people on here who have run very successful workshops/garages but have a low post count. And have forgotten more than most on here know.

If you fancy a shot at the title then go for it. Like the mods have said it goes to them for filtering and then to a public vote. So every one has a fair chance.

As I said earlier..

I would add that I feel a moderator does not need to seen as the resident expert of the section for which they are responsible. Keeping a fair, impartial and balanced overview of threads and posts and being able to act accordingly if required is far more important.

Of course...as I said it's the mods/admin's prerogative - however it wasn't made clear newbies like me need not bother expressing an interest.....

had it been I wouldn't have bothered.

As I say I'll come back when my post count is more than 2K...

nobody is excluded, if you believe & want the position leave your name in.

Right -

OK I used to be indecisive but now I'm not so sure....

Hat is back in the ring and I'll leave it to the Gods....

Good luck everybody!!!!

Quite right too :)

Anyway as fridge says "Desperation" and all that, not unknown

...........look they took me on :lol:

Post count has SA to do with it, more about what you or any other potential Mod can do

for the greater good of the Forum, its membership and its future.

Glad your hats landed back in the ring :)

Nige

gosh this is all getting rather political

rekon mods seem to know whats needed and it seems that the forumeers will get a vote too so i don't think there's call for anybody to be chucking the towel in- i'm not sure its a particularly glamorous position- the need to have a "work" hat and a "mates" hat is never an easy trick to pull off (and i should probably publicly apologise to Chris Watts for making him wear both of his at times!), neither is listening to complaints flying around about which you will get understandably defensive.

there's clearly a bit of a shuffle going on up "top"?!? so a pretty good time to say thanks to the mods and admins for the past few years sterling efforts, forum has stayed pretty much spot on where it started and seemed to have worked through issues raised from a few quarters (myself included). Whilst i may not agree with every decision taken, you guys have still managed to maintain a healthy forum free from riff raff and piffle in far from easy circumstances and deserve to be heartily applauded :i-m_so_happy:

Post count has SA to do with it, more about what you or any other potential Mod can do

for the greater good of the Forum, its membership and its future.

Nige

If you want to see how little post count is worth, go to A.N.Other forum and see who has knocked up over 13k posts since 2006. And they are 99.9% rubbish.

(Note I do not mention the name of the forum or the person concerned. No names, no pack drill :) )

Quality of posts is however important - how esle can we assess if someone is suitable or not ? If anyone posts rubbish, intimidates other members for no apparent reason, swears repeatedly, is argumentative, etc, then it's unlikely they will get the job.

Mouse-man - you are in the running as far as I'm concerned.

Les.

Les,

Can I also apply for the moderating position on the series forum. Not been posting that much latetely, but that's because I've ran out of problems on SeriousIIa ;). But have been lurking.

I would like to contribute in a constructive way to the forum which has been excellent since it started as LR4x4.

Cheers Bowy who would love to be the first dutch Mod

Having toyo axles under my series doesn't exclude me I hope?' :ph34r:

If you want to see how little post count is worth, go to A.N.Other forum and see who has knocked up over 13k posts since 2006. And they are 99.9% rubbish.

(Note I do not mention the name of the forum or the person concerned. No names, no pack drill :) )

The funny thing is I know exactly who you are talking about without even going to check :lol:

Never seen a request for moderators become so difficult!

I'm up for it and have gently placed my hat, gloves and scarf (as it is cold outside) into the ring/pot or envelope that is the appropriate vessel for potential mods.

Don't care about old boys clubs, ties or hat pins, post counts, politics, in fighting or coming out of closets with appendages within or outside of rings :huh: or anything else.

Know nothing about Series and don't buy or sell much either.

Run and moderate a Freecycle Group (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/molevalleyfreecycle/) so have experience in moderating.

regards,

/mad

Oh what the heck. I've no idea what it involves and I often don't have a lot to say but I'll add my hat to the growing pile in the ring :) .........just not the Military forum, probably best suited to Series forum, but whatever really.