Forum Funds

white90

Also sent a few squid.

I'm a member of another forum that displays "contributor" under your username to (presumably) shame

those who haven't.

Something like the pirate 'Stars' different coloured ones for contributors/businesses etc.

We've been down this road many times - the forum consensus is that contributors remain annonymous to ensure all members are "equal" and no one person gets leverage.

If you want stars and accolades for supporting the forum then there are forums that cater to your needs! :)

Just a thought, but it might be worth placing an extra thread with a link to this one at the top of each vehicle forum. It was about a year before i started using the international forum so wouldnt have spotted this before as i was rarely on this bit.

Just a thought, but might want to place a an extra thread with a link to this one at the top of each vehicle forum. It was about a year before i started using the international forum so wouldnt have spotted this before as i was rarely on this bit.

no need to add a link to this thread to every forum, as it's under the Main LR4x4.com Header, just click the tab that says 'Funding' which shows on every page anyway.

no need to add a link to this thread to every forum, as it's under the Main LR4x4.com Header, just click the tab that says 'Funding' which shows on every page anyway.

And many regulars have a link in their sig. too. Western has, and he posts now and again :D ...

Can I just remind members to also consider using your internet banking facilities and setting up a monthly small payment.

I do this, less than the cost of a mag each month, but added together each of these small trickles of funding can make a big difference and helps to ease the boom or bust feeling.

• 3 months later...

Out of interest, how are we doing money-wise?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For new members, this forum is owned, funded and run by us (you included). It is independent of any magazine, advertising :) and company control or sponsorship. The admin / mod team don't take a penny for doing what they do. Any donation goes towards paying for the server hardware, hosting, domain registration and nowhere else.

So, we need to push the button now and again!

Many thanks for your taking your time to read this :D (and making a donation, however small)

Last statement we have 10months in the bank

total £2705.58

May sound a lot but it costs a fair bit to have a site free of all advertising

with 24hr support.

So if you can please consider a donation no matter how small

to have a years worth of funding in the bank is where we really need to be.

company accounts were filed at the start of the year with companies house.

No money whatsoever is taken for anything other than direct costs for purchasing

Stickers/DVDs etc to resell, postage and telephone calls are all met be Admins/Moderators.

Forum funds are at about 6months level so we have enough in the kitty for the next 6months.

this place costs approx £220 per month to run so £7 a day

we have had no fund raising since the Last DVD sales.

So now just after Xmas (the worst time I know)

We certainly could do with some donations.

Just for the record every penny donated goes to the running of the site NOTHING is taken for administration costs by anyone!

so donate £7 and that is the forum covered for another day.

thanks in advance The treasurer.

Done.

Would like to add my vote to all the "thank you's"

I have received a lot of very valuable information from this site

Regards

JZ

To Donate