Alternatives to BFG Mud

I was very impressed with my maxis mudzillas (clone of mickey thompson baja claw). Selfcleaning amazingly well in mud due to the big V shape. Also the tyre of choice at the outback challenge, so very versityle. Noise is about half that of simex. In the past I ran 255 85 16 muds, and as said, very good on and offroad.

Daan

If these are for the car I think they're for then you want to replace them with what's on there now: 255 x 85 r 16 BFG Muds. IMHO one of the best all round tyres in terms of width, diameter, grip (on and off road) and wear.

completely agree, measure up at about 33inches. It's what I currently run and I've never been left wanting more really. They are the perfect size for a defender, doesn't mess up the gearing to much.

saw my first set of KM2 bfg's last night and i have to say they look much more aggressive in the flesh than they do on t'interweb.

they were in 255/85 flavour and the tread block spacing was substantially wider than the old bfg mud he still had on as a spare. Looked very very nice!

Ross

My 110 has MTR's on and that get most places for a standard truck it mainly gets stuck due to me forgetting I no longer have twin lockers or 35" tyres. huh.gif

I raced on MTR's for three years and IMHO there is not much in it between the BFG MT and the Goodyear MTR.

Ok, I'll say it... :P

What about the new BFG MT KM2s?

saw my first set of KM2 bfg's last night and i have to say they look much more aggressive in the flesh than they do on t'interweb.

they were in 255/85 flavour and the tread block spacing was substantially wider than the old bfg mud he still had on as a spare. Looked very very nice!

Does anyone on here use the KM2's? how do they compare to the original BFG Muds?

Does anyone on here use the KM2's? how do they compare to the original BFG Muds?

I went from 235/85 BFG MT to 265/75 KM2's - happy enough with them, wear in the last six months or so has been pretty minimal, no noise issues and dealt with the snow and ice the other week without issue.

I find they tend to be able to climb out of ruts a bit easier than the old MTs.