Buying EP90 in bulk - cheapest options ?

Hi All,

I went to buy some oil from chavworld, even with trade card they are hopeless, don't do 25 litre drums.

Where I got it before that has closed.

So, where / who does bulk oil decent stuff, pref EP90 for TBoxs Axles, etc, say hampshire, sussex, surrey

deliveried or collected, anyone know any places where bargains are still to be had, without being had :lol: ??

Anyone ??

NigeE

premier supply in guildford had an offer on 20l drums of ep90 last time I was in there - can't rememebr the details, but might be worth a ring, as they aren't far from you...

Mark

As others have said, try an agricultural/construction dealer (although best avoid Gunn JCB), they usually consider 25l drum to be a small quanity. You shouldn't pay more than £1.20 a litre.

Or you could goolge your local morris lubricants supplier, they are usually good prices and willing to haggle

hello nige, can get you a price from my work, we buy it by the barrel loads!!!! rear diff in a merc truck holds about 19 litres then some an extra 3 litres in each wheel hub!! and we have ep80, and atf should be able to supply it by 20 litres, then exchange oil for money at the shires meets, mannington is coming up soon i think

regards

andy

Try the Agricultrual dealers in your area.

+1

We sell Castrol EPX80w90 in 20L plastic drums at work, perhaps a little far to come though!

If you have the space, a row of 208L drums on tap is quite handy :)

• 1 month later...

Myself and a friend purchased a 45 gallon (205 Litre) drum direct from shell a few years back between us as an investment and it worked out at about £1 a litre delivered if I remember correctly. Its still going strong serving 3 Land Rovers and a few other friends every now and again.

I'm not sure if this is still possible although I don't see why not, well worth doing if a number of people club together. I expect the cost will have gone up somewhat though!

Sam

Hi All,

I went to buy some oil from chavworld, even with trade card they are hopeless, don't do 25 litre drums.

Where I got it before that has closed.

So, where / who does bulk oil decent stuff, pref EP90 for TBoxs Axles, etc, say hampshire, sussex, surrey

deliveried or collected, anyone know any places where bargains are still to be had, without being had :lol: ??

Anyone ??

Nige

I always thought you bought EPsand from builders merchants, usually in quantities of a Ton ........... :P

Next time your back in the mere pop in to CPA by jewsons behind the station. I have to go into the one in petersfield tomorrow so can ask a price if you want?

failing that if you carry on up to richmonds at the end of the estate-they sell loads of agricultural stuff and might be able to point you somewhere!

apart from that there is a place out alton way that sold it in big drums i think