Birthday Bash 2006

Right, nearly ready. Just got to sling all the stuff in the 110 and then I'll be heading off about lunch time after selling some Tdi bits.

Turbo, answer your PMs!!!! What's the tyre situation? I may need to sort something out otherwise its going to get a bit silly on 235x85 track edges!

Tim -

1, Fuel,

2. Bushes for radius arms wasnt it (3 link equivalent!)

3. fuel

4. trailing arm bushes

5. fuel

6. fitter biatch! (sorry Mark!)

7. fuel.

you going straight to site tomorrow? or to TCs?

Answer my PMs?! I've only just woken up!

I will be stubbornly competing on TracEdges, with my Milemarker and currently still without bitch. I'll ask my brother if he's able but it'd be nice to have a backup (but not that little ginger one, I know what he's like).

Tim -

1, Fuel,

2. Bushes for radius arms wasnt it (3 link equivalent!)

3. fuel

4. trailing arm bushes

5. fuel

6. fitter biatch! (sorry Mark!)

7. fuel.

you going straight to site tomorrow? or to TCs?

O yep,, in hand !!

1, Fuel, yep

2. Bushes for radius arms wasnt it (3 link equivalent!) to be fitted !!

3. fuel yep

4. trailing arm bushes to be fitted

5. fuel yep

6. fitter biatch! (sorry Mark!) mmm this i have to work on !! any idea.s anyone, may have a word with Si R and put him on the tarzan program :P

7. fuel. ahh yes must remember that one

+ sort interior winch switch !!

see you at TC.s 7 ish !! tonight

Nearly ready to go!

Fuel gauge now works (thanks Matt) and a full tank of [whisper]diesel[/whisper]

Switches packed for Tim.

Washer bottle etc packed for Will.

Watch packed for Chris (don't ask!) :lol:

Ear plugs packed ready for use for me :blink:

Anyone know where I can get a 2.5" blanking grommet for the mahoosive hole in the bulkhead the EFi loom went through? I'm getting a chill around my left foot! :lol:

See you in Bampton tomorrow morning :D

Nearly ready to go!

Fuel gauge now works (thanks Matt) and a full tank of [whisper]diesel[/whisper]

Switches packed for Tim.

Washer bottle etc packed for Will.

Watch packed for Chris (don't ask!) :lol:

Ear plugs packed ready for use for me :blink:

Anyone know where I can get a 2.5" blanking grommet for the mahoosive hole in the bulkhead the EFi loom went through? I'm getting a chill around my left foot! :lol:

See you in Bampton tomorrow morning :D

thats a design feature. now you have a diesel it lets the water into the cab so that the vehicle can sink to the bottom and find grip. saves opening the doors to let the water in

good day tony even managed to arrange proper landrover weather.

even better still i won something in the raffle.

And thanks to Val to the perfect end to the day. Loads of grub.

And we got to play musical chairs to the accompianment of chocolate cake.

Thanks all,

Tony & Val for having us all over, James for his twisted sense of humor, in setting the punches out !! and the job of collection them all again, Chris & Steve as the marshals and for helping set up

A big thanks to Paul & Dan Wightman, for dragging both Victor and i about today !! pleasure to meet you, certainly learned a great deal, from your experience, hope to do again sometime

Finely, to the other "attendants",, thanks all,your company made the day !!

Top day, really enjoyed driving for a change although when I say yeh you will be fine when Driver is questioning me hanging off a side slope with one wheel dangling in the air, I now know how that feels as I was SH!tting it a few times today!!

Sorry we could'nt make it back to yours Tony, but brother was taking his wife out for her 30th !

Cheers James & co from Russ, Scott, Lewis and Rob.

quick 123

1 RJL/Lewis

2 Bish Bosh/ Mark90

3 Tangoman/Adrian Turner

Russ/Lewis I have your prizes here well done

full results to follow when I get a minute :)

Thanks to JST/Chris Watts/Steve G/Les Henson for al the help

especailly James.

Cheers Tony

What a great day, top draw punch's. :)

Nice to meet up with some old friends and meet some new one's.

Tango mate, top driving :) Les... well what can i say, top block... thank's for lunch :lol:

But what made the day for me was everbody was respecting the red&white Tape :)

You don't get that at some others :angry:

Well done to RJL/Lewis, did you find some hidden one's ;)

Thanks to Tony and team for a great day B)

P/s put me down next year, and i'll try not to be late.... sorry everone... :)

But what made the day for me was everbody was respecting the red&white Tape

I don't think I can claim that's fully true, since there were several moments when I ducked under the tape. In my defence, I had a Milemarker, no lockers and a couple of hundred miles between the two vehicles in my team... I've got to drive to work in it on Monday, I'm not going to risk a wing/CV for the sake of some red tape. Pah, disqualify me (from last place) if you will, I had a great day and that was my aim.

A cracking event with a really good format (competing on Saturday and drinking afterwards) and it gives the chance for a convoy of 80 mud tyres droning through villages, making enough noise to bring people to their front doors to watch us pass... Thanks to Will "Mr Commitment" Warne for bitchin', James for setting out and Tony & Val for the world's largest spread at the BBQ.

Any photos? MiniTurbo took all our pics and he can't get them off his camera for a week or so. He has an excellent snap of the position Will left us in when Rob appeared and he could go and play properly...

What a cracking weekend, I am still :D and :blink: at our 2nd place and still trying to figure out if it was because of or in spite of teaming up with Bish :unsure::P

Top event, top punches, top company, but mostly importantly top grub, thanks and well done Val. Thanks to those who organised/set out/marshaled/etc wouldn't have happened without you lot. While I'm thanking people (just like the Oscars ain't it?) Thanks to Andy for bitching for me and to Steve for keeping Nicky entertained for the day ;)

Got back, unloaded the truck, nipped down the jet wash to give it a rinse off and then got home in time for Mo to arrive here on a flat bed, he's now headed off with a quality pre-used track rod (after Chris broke his other one :ph34r: ) so hopefully should make it home at a reasonable hour.

Now who's got some good photo's? Especially of the highest placed Land Rover team? :D

Now who's got some good photo's? Especially of the highest placed Land Rover team? :D

You still let a couple of Suzukis beat you :huh:

Have to say, I've not seen zooks really used in anger before, and I was very impressed. Capable little vehicles...

As already said, a great day. Well done andf thanks to all who set up, marshalled and bar -b- que'd. Shame Jim got to the chocolate cake before me though :blink: .

A little bit shocked by the result, but the grin is still there :D . Mark's flash of inspiration on how to attack a couple of virgin punches was what made the difference, although he did do his best to put me on my roof afterwards - I needed the full weight of an exmoor beast and a squaddie (sorry Andy :huh: ) to keep me shiny side up on the way out of one of them!

Big thanks to Will and Andy who biatched marvelously. Will will be remembered for his "oh you'll be all right" line repeated all day long, and Andy for his " you couldn't get it better than that" before Mark put it into a tree :hysterical: and his "you should have stopped sooner" to me after I reversed into one! Top tip :lol::lol:

We had a fab time. Even better for Graham taking my 90 on a trailer and instead of having to drive there & back, I just sat sipping diet coke in his comfy air conditioned disco II - fab.

Nice to see everyone. Sorry one or two of you couldn't stay for the party - you missed seeing a different side of one or two people (quite a funny side! - "Count Duckula" to name but one!)

Thanks for the Compressor Les.B - it's now been hybridised with a couple of other compressors and is running nicely!.

Si

Ditto - we had a great time, thanks to veryone who put the event on and suppied the food at the end.

Bust a half shaft on the first punch but Si managed to get us around a few more and made the day. It bust right by the wheel end as well, only took ten mins to repair and didnt have to use your magnet Si but next time perhaps.

Last week was a bit of a rush for us but then I guess that applies for everyone.

Looking forward to the next one.

Si I would check the knot on the rear winch before you use it again, it was done it a bit of a hurry and almost upside down at the time.

Thanks again Tony, Val and all the mashals for a great weekend. I hope everyone got back safely. Anyone heard anything from Mo? For those who didn't hear, Chris, Mark and I stopped when we saw Mo in a layby struggling with a bent trackrod. After the offending item was removed Chris then proceeded to straighten snap it. I bet Mo was glad we stopped :lol: We then left once we knew the AA were on the way.

I'd like to say well done to Turbo for getting stuck in on some of the punches but you do need a faster winch and a little extra commitment wouldn't hurt ;) I'd also like to say well done to Rob for actually making it down at all, then doing some driving and lasting quite late into the evening after being up for 30+ hours :o

The Marshals did a supeb job with the punches. there were some interesting ones but the level was about right for everyone who was competing. Best of all, no one seemed to come off with any serious damage. I just wished I was driving :(

The party last night was superb. Val, the cooking was wonderful! I also picked up a new jigsaw in the raffle, perfect for doing bodywork 'alterations'. Once the alcohol started to flow it was great fun; Les inparticular was on fine form ;) Tony, I hope you haven't spent all day tidying up after all of us :blush: , its very good of you to put us all up!

Roll on next year!

Yes, it was a great weekend. Thanks from me to Val, Tony, the marshalls, and anyone else that had anything to do with organising it. I'm really glad I came in the end - it reminds me just how much fun it is when we get together. I'm really sorry about the duck. There were some close moments in the winch challenge, and a bit of body damage. I bashed myself on the right knee with a shackle and there's a huge bruise on it now. Horse fly bites everywhere too - wish I had used that girly stuff you had Tony.

Roll on next year! :D

Les. :)

Well Les (Where's my wallet) Henson

here are a couple of pics of our adventure :)

IMG_1982-copy.jpg

IMG_1981-copy.jpg

I'll post up the Full results tomorrow

finished tidying/wheel changing/car cleaning at 2130 this eve

Val and I had a great time thanks for coming one and all

massive thanks for the raffle prize donations:

X-Eng

Gwynn Lewis

and all the competitors

Roll on BDB07

Just to add my thanks as well to all of the afore mentioned people for a great weekend. Had a great time and hopefully didn't slow Tony down too much during the day.

Thankfully the water pump carried on squeaking all the way home as well so have hopefully fully broken the run of RAC call outs!

Good to meet a few more people from here in the flesh and to catch up with a few familiar faces.

Will hopefully see a lot of you at the next event.

Guys,

Les asked me to take a look at the forum gallery and see if it was possible to create an area where we could all post photo's on a particular subject like the BDB06. Anyway, after spending a while scratching my head trying to figure out how to set an album up so anyone could post to it I discovered that albums only belong to one user but you can create categories and post directly to them instead...but you have to post within the gallery instead of from My Controls. You can also set up a category that you post albums to instead of single photos. I've created an Events category (takes albums), and a subcategory of BDB06 for the birthday bash (takes single photos). You need to make sure you've drilled right down into the category you want else you end up posting to its parent. Clear as mud? That's what I thought, too...

To make it easier, click here:

category specially for the BDB06

Then click 'New Image' on the top right and upload your image as normal.

I've uploaded a few of mine, but I didn't get many decent ones - it was too dark for my camera under the trees, so anything moving is blurred. Strangely I got several decent ones of Turbocharger... :P