Hooligans

MJIbex

now that was cool... loved it..

slightly dangerous some bits.. but hey - you only live once...(however having said that, I am not sure I would have the bottle to do some of the stuff they were.. - crazy )

whens episode 2 coming out... (the revenge of the jeep) :D

Just like you driving Les's truck :lol:

am I ever going to be aloud to forget that incident.. I still blame the owner for building a tree magnet... and for not securing the snorkel well enough... :D

I wonder if he would let me jump the thing into some other cars...

LES..... Les - - don't ignore me Les.... Hellooooooooo

:D

Just like you driving Les's truck :lol:

As the mother of kids about the same age as some of those in this vid, it turns my blood cold.. no safety mesures seem to be in place.

What if some one had got badly hurt?

Did their parents know/approve of this stupidity?

You might`nt think there were saftey measures in place, but they are all wearing helmets, so they arn`t as stupid as they look. Personally I would rather my kids doing that than doing drugs or similar.

To me the only real harm done is posting it on the net.

If my mother knew of 1/2 the things I got up to when I was younger I would have been out of the will a long ago, but thats the thing of being young and stupid, you think you are invincable, then you start to learn from your mistakes.

Well it's a free world - if it was their motor and they had permission to be on the land (??) then they have a right to do what they wanted to it......... At the end of the day you can do what you want with your own property and it should stay that way.

A guy near my parents proved this by demolishing his wifes car when she anounced she was leaving him (she wasn't in it). She called the police, who on discovering that it was registered in his name, agreed that he had every right to do what he want with his property on his land. So he finished it off in front of the police.....

Is a comp safari where it is predictable that some one will roll or a challenge where some one will break an axle, dint a wing so much different??

Howver as they showed you can have endless amounts of fun with old cars, however the fun is multiplied if you have two or more vehicles. We set up our own banger racing circuit in a field, stripped out the cars and got a full day racing out of them. It was suprising how much damage they would take and keep on going. We managed to put a 10 degree bend in the middle of a Fiat Panda, still went. The just lifted them onto a trailer and towed then to the scrappy. Cost about £20 each for the car, petrol and diposal.

I have grown up since then and now take £100 cars to the nurburg ring for a weekend of fun. It was probably safer driving bangers round a field....

Adrian

I can see all the points above with their merit.....however, how about some links to the Landy/Rangy vids on these web sites??? I've just got broad band back and now can appreciate the movies but would rather see LR products struuting thier stuff!!

as a former young man - just about everything my brothers or me ever did turned my mums blood cold :lol:

shortly followed by blood boiling and our rapid exit from house to allow mums blood to return to normal operating temp..

I think Ali and I could agree with that completely on soo many levels.

It was £1200 I saw one for in Boscombe on a forcourt (L reg)

If this is all on private land then cool, looks like fun but i wouldn't have the guts to do that to a truck. If on a byway etc. then it is wrong and people should be informed.

Also a great way to get rid of heaps, i mean jeeps.

Jon

Guest diesel_jim

that is private land. although "everyone" seems to congregate there.

the actual byway goes past this old quarry, about 400 yards from where these guys were playing around.

As to who owns the place, don't know.... it's never fenced off, there never seems to be anyone there saying "gerrof moi laaand!!!" waving a 12bore around.

Maybe it's common land?

If it was stolen they wouldn't of repaired the puncture... as that would involve brains/intelect.. which thieves don't have.. :D

that is private land. although "everyone" seems to congregate there.

the actual byway goes past this old quarry, about 400 yards from where these guys were playing around.

As to who owns the place, don't know.... it's never fenced off, there never seems to be anyone there saying "gerrof moi laaand!!!" waving a 12bore around.

Maybe it's common land?

where you say these poeple hang out.. I could of sworn some of those shots were done in USA or france... those downhill slopes... purely brilliant...

And from the last vid (well both really) they aint mindless crims. . they have way too much protection for that... back armour and leg armour.. and helmets most of them.. so na.. they are not crims in my mind.. just adrenalin(sp) junkies..

If it was stolen they wouldn't of repaired the puncture... as that would involve brains/intelect.. which thieves don't have.. :D

If they're crims they're simultaneously clever enough to wear protection, operate a video camera & produce a pretty decent bit of video, but also stupid enough to put that on the net with reg plates / faces visible and in what I guess would be a well-known area.

If they're crims they're simultaneously clever enough to wear protection, operate a video camera & produce a pretty decent bit of video, but also stupid enough to put that on the net with reg plates / faces visible and in what I guess would be a well-known area.

hello everyone

Im the person who posted the video up on goolge videos , so just to give you a few details

This jeep had failed its MOT and it was not economically viable to repair (completely rusted underneath) also none of us wanted the hasle of breaking it . Rather than just take it straight to the breakers we decided to have some fun with it first and see what it could do if realy pushed , all the driving you see in the video was on private land , after the destruction , the jeep and carp that fell off were low loaded to a local scrap metal merchant and it weighed in at just under 3 tons , for which we received £110 .

Also we made sure that the kids you see in the vid were stood out the way on what ever run we were going to try

if you are still shocked and outraged i will remove , although i have to say that untill it posted on this forum it had only been viewed 5 times

hello everyone

Im the person who posted the video up on goolge videos

This jeep had failed its MOT and it was not economically viable to repair (completely rusted underneath) also none of us wanted the hasle of breaking it . Rather than just take it straight to the breakers we decided to have some fun with it first and see what it could do if realy pushed , all the driving you see in the video was on private land , after the destruction , the jeep and carp that fell off were low loaded to a local scrap metal merchant and it weighed in at just under 3 tons , which we received £110 .

thanks for watching

I'd just say, top marks for having the guts to own up to the video & post a reasoned reply on here & for doing a clear up job when you finished playing, looks like the Jeep had a good send off.

thanx for the info number900. from what you say i withdraw all my questions concerning the 'sense' of the actions shown.

looks like a bloody good laff, good on your for it. hope you werent offended by anything i said. just so used to citisism of our hobby that i tend to look on all the bad sides to see how others will see it. would appear you had it all planned & so forth so please carry on removing those american things from our roads :D

Welcome number900 and thanks for letting us into what was happening :D

IIRC some of the guys on here have done similar with RR Classics but many probably would wish to do that to a jeep. Bit of jealosy creeping in I suspect. Glad we bumped your viewing figures.

Don't know what else you run but feel free to hang arround. Tech, comps and generally just doing stuff with land rovers is mainly what we're up to but you'll see we're not so bigotted about our landies to prevent us recognising the strengths (and weaknesses) of other marques ;)

I agree with the above

now the facts are known

I particularly liked your second one on the bikes

So much I ordered the CD of the accompanying music.

cheers guy's

i have updated the information that goes with the video , which i should have done in the first place .

thanks for watching

Looks like a laugh....

The video must have been a fair bit of work to put together, When I flipped my challenge truck end over my mate did the editing while I waited and it took for ever to do.

You boys seam to know how to handle bikes...

I have not been up to those woods for a good five years...

The klip of jumps in a start line (as not on chalky ground) was that taken in Hut woods (nr Chandlers Ford ASDA)