The Grave yard

Bos

They still have another one. The one that crashed is their 2nd one.

The 1st one (2004) -> http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/db/Lamborghini_Polizia.JPG/800px-Lamborghini_Polizia.JPG

The 2nd one, the one involved in the crash, (2006) -> http://farm1.static.flickr.com/135/369245161_1c84513652.jpg

The 3rd one (2009) -> http://www.zercustoms.com/photos/Lamborghini-Gallardo-Polizia/Lamborghini-Gallardo-Polizia-1.jpg.html

See the license plates and the 113 phone number style on the rear fender on the crashed car and the 2009 model.

I understood that the 1st and the 2nd ones were 'retired from active duty' (the 1st one for sure).

Whilst my wife was doing a bit of overtime tonight, i got bored and thought i'd sort through all the paperwork for the 110, it has a full service history and receipts all the way back to 1995, so there's loads of stuff but they were in a bit of a mess, no order and crumpled up full of creases and folds. my rationale being it'd make them last longer and look better if ever we came to sell the landy.

so i thought it best to use the clothes iron to flatten them out, thereby making it a lot easier to organise and tidy them.

problem is, one of the documents leaked a bit of ink on the iron plate (which has cleaned off!) but unfortunately she came back whilst i was cleaning it off, so i had to explain what i'd been doing, as you can imagine she wasn't a happy bunny. :rolleyes:

she now says i have problems and that i'm a LandRover pervert! :lol:

is she right? do i need help?!

Don't think anyone on here is suitably un-afflicted to offer you an unbiased opinion!

However, for what it is worth, ironing receipts??????:unsure:

The wife was out and all you could think of doing was ironing receipts.....????:blink:

I think she was annoyed about the iron, but she has been saying for a long time that she's a Landrover widow!

i would have found something more constructive to do, but i was actually looking for the manual for the stereo as i plan on adding a couple of speakers, and the manual was with all the paperwork so thats how it got started!

i have to say though, i'm impressed that i have every receipt for every service, MOT, emissions test, and as far as i can tell, every fitted part, i'm going to put them all in a big ring binder, probably with a Landrover sticker on the front!

i guess i have a problem then... :D

• 1 month later...

Blatently stolen from lrboards

This should be passed to as many people as possible.

When VAT was temporarily reduced to 15%, the Chancellor added 2% duty to fuel to offset the reduction in tax collected from motorists. Now that VAT has been increased to 17.5% again this hidden tax has not been removed - hence recent rises in your fuel costs. Sign the petition at the link below to have this stealth tax removed!

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/DutyReduction/

Please pass this on to your friends - the more the merrier (but put their names in the Bcc box on your e-mail unless you really want to divulge all their e-mail addresses). Happy motoring!

MODs

Feel free to remove this OT post

i think it was actually 2p rather than 2%, making it more than 2%.

i think a deferred 2p rise was also implemented this year. not sure where you find out, but it would be interesting to see what additional levy was introduced whilst oil prices were low.

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/economics/pbr/article5225998.ece sorry forgot the reference

EDIT: and a bit more from petrolprices.co.uk

2009 Fuel Tax Figures

2009 fuel duty (as of 1 September 2009) in the United Kingdom is:

* 56.19 pence per litre for main road fuels, unleaded petrol and diesel

* 65.91 pence per litre for leaded petrol

* 36.19 pence per litre for biodiesel and bioethanol

* 22.16 pence per kg for road fuel natural gas

* 27.67 pence per kg for road fuel liquefied petroleum gas ('LPG')

On 1 December 2008 a permanent 2p increase in fuel tax was introduced to offset the rate cut in VAT from 17.5% to 15% bringing the duty rate for the main road fuels up to 52.35p per litre.

On 1 April 2009 the duty rate for unleaded petrol and diesel was icreased by 1.84 ppl to 54.19p per litre and again on 1 September 2009 by 2 ppl to reach the current level of 56.19 per litre. These rates will be increased further on 1 April 2010 to 2013 by 1% above inflation each year.

so, unless my 'math' is wrong three rises in duty in just over a year, adding 6p.

and on a litre of fuel at 108.9p, 72.41p is tax, 66.5%

These rates will be increased further on 1 April 2010 to 2013 by 1% above inflation each year.

What an appropriate date for the government taking the P155.

Marc.

Great now they have reduced the number who can respond by screwing up the email settings so my email address is not valid.