The Grave yard

Bos

Well I'm shocked that there are Northeners on this website. I assumed the software would prevent this sort of thing. Geoff, Trev - any idea what's gone wrong?

I mean it's cold/wet/windy/ even on a warm summers day, no-one can understand what you are saying up that ^^^^^^ way. I mean - halfway there and there's no point in asking anyone form Newcastle/manchester anything at all, as they speak another language. leap over the wall, and all the blokes are excessively hairy /wear skirts, and are drunk 24/7.

Get as far as the shetlands and they all walk at 45-degrees into the wind.

Les. :D

Well I'm shocked that there are Northeners on this website. I assumed the software would prevent this sort of thing. Geoff, Trev - any idea what's gone wrong?

I mean it's cold/wet/windy/ even on a warm summers day, no-one can understand what you are saying up that ^^^^^^ way. I mean - halfway there and there's no point in asking anyone form Newcastle/manchester anything at all, as they speak another language. leap over the wall, and all the blokes are excessively hairy /wear skirts, and are drunk 24/7.

Get as far as the shetlands and they all walk at 45-degrees into the wind.

Les. :D

Sorry Les, it's these equal opportunities laws... :(

Well, I voted northern europe.

Really, I am originally a cloggy, from the land of windmills, drugs and red light districts.

I spent my life with your uk lot since 1998, apart from a 1 year flirt with the czech republik (2005). Oh, before that I spend 6 months in luxemburg, but voted not to go back there ever again.

I tried to be really sophisticated with my choice of citys, so I can make up for shortfalls in my personality....

Luxembourg, Cambridge, Prague, coventry and now Bicester of all places.

Daan

I tried to be really sophisticated with my choice of citys, so I can make up for shortfalls in my personality....

Luxembourg, Cambridge, Prague, coventry and now Bicester of all places.

The first and last time anyone will read the words "sophisticated city" and "Coventry" intentionally typed in the same sentence :D

I go there for work BTW ;)

Lewis

Mine regularly gets referred to as F****** B**ch so I guess that makes it a girl, and the fact it is there to give you a ride, keep you warm and go travelling with, supports the theory. Just need to teach it to cook and use the hoover :ph34r:

Printers work on paper which is measured in the "real world" units of mm or inches and the printing resolution in dots (of ink) per inch (DPI).

Digital images work in pixels, which is one tiny dot on your screen - so the size of one pixel varies for each person's monitor and therefore an image file that is 6inches on your screen may be 12 inches or 3 inches on another.

The other problem is that one world seemingly have terrible trouble grasping the way the other works :rolleyes: trying to explain to someone why it's a bad idea to create a website using inches as measurement is one of my least favourite tasks, rivalled only by trying to explain why doing it in pixels doesn't work either :rolleyes:

i have picture quality or size smallest 640x860 help help and biggest of 1 megabyte

Can you expand a bit on what you mean here?

I use a program called STGThumb which will resize and recompress a whole folder of photos automatically.

I'd just send an original (big) image from your camera to the paper, if their graphics monkeys can't resize a JPEG they really need shooting.

The 109 is Eddie (Edward Janet Hitler), the Range Rover is Richie (Richard Richard)

bottom_1.jpg

Seems quite fitting - the 109 is about as subtle as Eddie, the Range Rover is a bit sad and old with delusions of being upper-class :lol:

If I get another vehicle it may end up being called "Dave Hedgehog" :huh:

Mine regularly gets referred to as F****** B**ch so I guess that makes it a girl, and the fact it is there to give you a ride, keep you warm and go travelling with, supports the theory. Just need to teach it to cook and use the hoover :ph34r:

Mine curently is always refrred to as F****** misfiring B**ch - gives me a rough ride, costs a fortune doesn't do what it should when I need it to, and I get nothing but grief back in return. :angry:

Nige :huh:

I do the same, supply originals and untouched e.g. no gamma correct or lightening/darkening because the photo professionals will probably be better at it than you or I :)

They always ask for the pic in the maximum size possible, I provided some to Autocar for the recent Freelander supplement and that was what they wanted so they took the full 9 megapixel ones even though they were only a couple of inches across in the final product so would have been about 1500dpi!

What they want to avoid by getting the biggest images possible, is something called a "moire pattern" which happens when the photo resolution is similar to the print resolution, you can get some really odd effects on things that have patterns e.g. corrugated iron roofing and it looks truly orrible!