The Grave yard

Bos

i never knew they did a S1 in 2WD, heard of 2WD lt/wts for towing on airfields. I believe it was ordered as a 'cheap' option as offroad ability wasnt required yet ended up more expensive due to making the different axles & so on.

Friday was a bit more fun - took me three and a half hours to get home from work (Alcester to Birmingham - normally about half an hour) :(

In fairness the roads were pretty nasty - lots of lumpy ice and slush - but not so bad they would have caused any grief to an experienced winter driver in an ordinary car. Unfortunately there aren't many experienced winter drivers round here :( Most of the hassle was caused by people either getting stuck on hills or dumping cars and vans in incredibly stupid places (lots of those...).

Small article on it in yesterdays mail, 850,000 signatures and the goverment are going to ignore it and go ahead with two planned trials. Article saying it makes a mockery of the whole idea of the website.

dont waste your time signing anymore petitions, the views of the population dont count :angry:

I tried to sign it yesterday and I suspect some sort of jiggery pockery - you of course can't sign it until you get an email from the site,

Clicking on the 'sign petition' link brings up - 'we have sent you an email'.

I know the email details I entred were correct (You have to do it twice) and I am still over 24 hourse later waiting for it to arrive.

Any way clearly if they won't listen this is going to be one for the 'refinery blockade and rolling road block' crews

-over a million drivers moving at 5mph across all three lanes of the british motorway network....... that'll be something to see.

I tried to sign it yesterday and I suspect some sort of jiggery pockery - you of course can't sign it until you get an email from the site,

Clicking on the 'sign petition' link brings up - 'we have sent you an email'.

I know the email details I entred were correct (You have to do it twice) and I am still over 24 hourse later waiting for it to arrive.

Any way clearly if they won't listen this is going to be one for the 'refinery blockade and rolling road block' crews

-over a million drivers moving at 5mph across all three lanes of the british motorway network....... that'll be something to see.

I signed one of these petitions and it took a couple of days for the email to arrive, another time it was here immediately.

Wow! It does look like it could be real! 11 years really does show unbelieveable dedication.

Speaking of spit fires and lancaster. My grandparents were in the ATA during the war . (they are the ones that fly new planes from the makers to the airfields, before they have any nav stuff on them , so they would foly by a road map and follow the roads to a airfield.)

When i was the 40th D Day celebrations me and Jules we watching it with my Grandma and she said that the lancaster was a lump of sh*t to fly and built like it too whern they were new. She always said she would be bu**ered if she would get in a 40 year old one as they were bad enough new . Always made me laugh , as she used to fly up to when she was into her 70's . As kids she would take us up in a cesna but always getting trouble for flying upside down and doing barral rolls across tha airfield. She also used to do the fly staight up in the air thing and then stall and free fall down to earth and start it again. Great fun when she took us out (al the grand children, one at a time ). But that sort of thing is when you are 10-11 years old . But she took my uncle out and scared the carp out of him and had him being sick after a couple of mins (after all my uncle is a practicle joker and it was her getting back at him :)

Great story, Ali. There's nothing like doing aerobatics in a plane - there's nowhere else you can feel forces like that!

Guest diesel_jim

IF,perish the thought, this thig did become "law", how would they enforce it? i expect that every MoT test would need to see the unit fitted, but for the rest of the 363 days you just remove it, connect it to a battery charger and leave it in your back garden!

I agree it was funny and enjoyable but its not a car magazine show, like it normally is, If it was advertised and shown for what it was fine but not really in the slot which normally reserved for the car show. I make a effort to be home to see Top Gear and hope to see new cars etc tested not a bloddy road trip in southern America.

I agree it was funny and enjoyable but its not a car magazine show, like it normally is, If it was advertised and shown for what it was fine but not really in the slot which normally reserved for the car show. I make a effort to be home to see Top Gear and hope to see new cars etc tested not a bloddy road trip in southern America.

I thought it was bloody hliarious, dont take the show too seriously it's not like it used to be.

Top entertainment, I say. I don't want to hear how many cupholders the newest Ford Astra has - I want a laugh. I daresay some of it is staged - I don't believe they ate Jeremy's cow. But if I wanted to actually buy any of these cars, I'd go and drive one around myself for a bit.

Looking forward to the world's first three-wheel space shuttle next week.