The "Pass the Bucket" 4x4 For Sale on Ebay Thread

Hybrid_From_Hell

I like that under the listing ebay's suggestions for "People who bought this also bought..." it's just got lots of haynes manuals. I'd love to see the haynes manual that dealt with that. "Step one, remove engine form rear of truck"

Don't forget the section on removing truck from tipper lorry! :)

'They' being ebay? or the people actually doing the listings?

People listing them.

AVCIS have recently stopped giving us feedback on the cases submitted to them due to lose of staff. When it was working well, it was still taking some weeks for them to catch on, so I don't think it is AVCIS.

Ebay are ploppy plops about it, I've reported a number of things to them in the past, and I always get a wishy washy 'you haven't enough evidence for us to investigate so we'll take no action' kind of answer - even when I reported one guy listing his motor twice under different names. Ebay's answer was that it was probably two different people, and one person had just used the same photos as the first......

Enjoy the Kwality, I particularly like the close fitting roll hoop :

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=151036882455&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:GB:3160

you will not find one the same anywhere else

wtf-question-mark-sign-smiley-emoticon-1

Trying to work out if thats a threat, promise, or statement ?

I have all the paperwork for the car including V5 and folder full of receipts

Er.............

Just seen the edit added to that advert

On 01-May-13 at 19:03:22 BST, seller added the following information:

Hi chassis have been sold separately this is for logbook and chassis plate and number plates. Contact me and I will email pics as cant upload at present

i wanted to see it and it has been removed, but I am wondering if they know what they are doing when they place adds like that on the WWW.?

Let's have a hunt and see if it has re-appeared under a new guise shall we?

Found something but not sure what?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Landrover-Series-3-chassis-88-SWB-/190832578280?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2c6e820ee8

Ideas?

i wanted to see it and it has been removed, but I am wondering if they know what they are doing when they place adds like that on the WWW.?

The auction had a picture of a blue series.

The title was 'land rover chassis series 3 breaking project spares or repairs 88 Swb'

The main text said auction was for a rotten chassis that needed a lot of welding, but the best bit was ....

'Land rover chassis ID and paperwork available separately if needed.'

Then the description was modified to add

'On 01-May-13 at 19:03:22 BST, seller added the following information:

Hi chassis have been sold separately this is for logbook and chassis plate and number plates. Contact me and I will email pics as cant upload at present '

I think he had a bad experience!!!

But he obviously knows nothing at all about them and to sell it on just because a glow plug broke off in the head is utter bolllloxxxxx worth a grand to buy it and fix it and then sell for £2500 just to stuff it up his nose :ph34r:

I wouldn't be too surprised if there was something else wrong with the engine as he doesn't seem impressed with it's towing ability either which I'd have thought wouldn't be the case with a TD5.

Maybe it's a clever ploy, everyone bidding on it thinks they are going to get a bargain and might get carried away with the bidding?

Will be interesting and amusing if the new owner turns up on this forum for help :)