EU attacking us again?

ejparrott

I think, with the current way, only 1 foot in the EU, and not in the Eurozone, the uk, Czech, switzerland and a few other countrys are going to be asked the question: in or out? That will probably become a referendum, to which most uk islanders say no. And that will be the end of it. Or so my chrystal ball tells me.... :P

Daan

You should be so lucky!!! I would like to see it but with Eurozone trading and the fishing waters etc,. It really will not be viable in the governments eyes to opt out, yeah it would be fantastic not to have to pump billions of pounds into a failing Europe but can you see the current coalition ministers standing strong enough to actually change the problems in Britain?

Ok the slight back down on the full plan was inevitable but I want to know what they are still moving forward with that will cost so dearly? I know how strict it is over here now and to think it might get tighter still is ridiculous!!!

Maybe they would be better to thoroughly edit the current legislation's around for every thing from wiping your ar5e to throwing grenades? Rectify them first and cut a lot of the red tape and BS so that life, even though it is being changed is not still bound by laws that are almost irrelevant as society has evolved.

Just how I see it.

The only thing I know about cuba is that there was once a bit of thing going on about missiles or something like that?

But weather wise would be nice now wouldn't it? white sand beaches, palm trees, cigars and tequila...... Sounds like paradise to me....

The aim is unity of testing thruout EU so that vehicles can be tested where they are not having to return to native country , HMRC recently seized several alchol smuggling trucks that were not even traceable in EU , the drivers just did a runner . The end result re caravans will most likely be regisration , and therefore testing . THe 750kg concession is just a bargaining face saver for polllies in this country We are only being told bits and bobs you will be told when its a fait a complis !

Strasbourg (French pronunciation: ​[stʁaz.buʁ]; Lower Alsatian: Strossburi, [ˈʃd̥rɔːsb̥uri]; German: Straßburg, [ˈʃtʁaːsbʊɐ̯k]) is the capital and principal city of the Alsace region in eastern France and is the official seat of the European Parliament. Located close to the border with Germany, it is the capital of theBas-Rhin département. The city and the region of Alsace are historically German-speaking, explaining the city's Germanic name.[5] In 2006, the city proper had 272,975 inhabitants and its urban community 467,375 inhabitants. With 638,670 inhabitants in 2006, Strasbourg's metropolitan area (aire urbaine) (only the part of the metropolitan area on French territory) is the ninth largest in France. The transnational Eurodistrict Strasbourg-Ortenau had a population of 884,988 inhabitants in 2008.[6]

Strasbourg is the seat of several European institutions, such as the Council of Europe (with its European Court of Human Rights, its European Directorate for the Quality of Medicines and its European Audiovisual Observatory) and the Eurocorps, as well as the European Parliament and the European Ombudsmanof the European Union. The city is the seat of the Central Commission for Navigation on the Rhine.

Strasbourg's historic city centre, the Grande Île (Grand Island), was classified a World Heritage site by UNESCO in 1988, the first time such an honour was placed on an entire city centre. Strasbourg is fused into the Franco-German culture and although violently disputed throughout history, has been a bridge of unity between France and Germany for centuries, especially through the University of Strasbourg, currently the largest in France, and the coexistence of Catholic and Protestant culture. The largest Islamic place of worship in France, the Strasbourg Grand Mosque, was inaugurated by French Interior Minister Manuel Valls on 27 September 2012.[7]

Economically, Strasbourg is an important centre of manufacturing and engineering, as well as of road, rail, and river communications. The port of Strasbourg is the second largest on the Rhine after Duisburg, Germany.[8] In terms of city rankings, Strasbourg has been ranked third in France and 18th globally for innovation.[9]

Whats to know exactly?

:D sounds good to me!

First thing the government needs to do is address the import taxation of cars that could easily be built in Britain, and then look at all those shisters that are busy pulling out of Britain like Toyota and Ford, also the likes of Dyson should be hit Fing hard with import taxes too for turning their backs on the country, hurt them and tell all of them if they want to sell cars here then they need to fully manufacture 3 models of their range in the country or face 100% tax on all of them, would either whack a destinct mark up on prices and make lots of garages very busy repairing and then a by product would be manufacturing of spare parts or they would come back and there would be more jobs for people to build the cars.

Anyone got better?

Strasbourg (French pronunciation: ​[stʁaz.buʁ]; Lower Alsatian: Strossburi, [ˈʃd̥rɔːsb̥uri]; German: Straßburg, [ˈʃtʁaːsbʊɐ̯k]) is the capital and principal city of the Alsace region in eastern France and is the official seat of the European Parliament. Located close to the border with Germany, it is the capital of theBas-Rhin département. The city and the region of Alsace are historically German-speaking, explaining the city's Germanic name.[5] In 2006, the city proper had 272,975 inhabitants and its urban community 467,375 inhabitants. With 638,670 inhabitants in 2006, Strasbourg's metropolitan area (aire urbaine) (only the part of the metropolitan area on French territory) is the ninth largest in France. The transnational Eurodistrict Strasbourg-Ortenau had a population of 884,988 inhabitants in 2008.[6]

Strasbourg is the seat of several European institutions, such as the Council of Europe (with its European Court of Human Rights, its European Directorate for the Quality of Medicines and its European Audiovisual Observatory) and the Eurocorps, as well as the European Parliament and the European Ombudsmanof the European Union. The city is the seat of the Central Commission for Navigation on the Rhine.

Strasbourg's historic city centre, the Grande Île (Grand Island), was classified a World Heritage site by UNESCO in 1988, the first time such an honour was placed on an entire city centre. Strasbourg is fused into the Franco-German culture and although violently disputed throughout history, has been a bridge of unity between France and Germany for centuries, especially through the University of Strasbourg, currently the largest in France, and the coexistence of Catholic and Protestant culture. The largest Islamic place of worship in France, the Strasbourg Grand Mosque, was inaugurated by French Interior Minister Manuel Valls on 27 September 2012.[7]

Economically, Strasbourg is an important centre of manufacturing and engineering, as well as of road, rail, and river communications. The port of Strasbourg is the second largest on the Rhine after Duisburg, Germany.[8] In terms of city rankings, Strasbourg has been ranked third in France and 18th globally for innovation.[9]

Whats to know exactly?

not the city!!! Strasbourg court of human rights.. :wacko:

good copy and paste skills from wiki :hysterical::lol:

....And in retaliation the Belgian government deports all British expats?

Doubt it, they need as many of us tax payers as they can get to keep the rubbish economy going and their natives sitting comfortably on the dole as they won't do the work I do, too manual and beneath them!!!!

How sad am I, thinking about this thread in the bath last night and I remembered a lot of folk looking at the Germans for this fiasco, but after having had a good friend over for a few weekends to fix up his rotting and oil leaking Disco, I learned a lot more about how the German TUV actually works, ok it is is a little bit stricter than the MOT in Britain but they do things a bit differently, their TUV is every 2yrs not every year, there are no such silly rules as we have here regarding tyre sizes and speed ratings so much the same as the UK there, a brand new car has it's first TUV after 4yrs on the road and is tested and recorded as it is, so the UK is tighter there then!!! There are a few more things as well but my head is still fuzzy from fighting with the stallions but when it comes back will post it on.

But it does look as though the Germans will loose out if it goes through!!!

• 4 weeks later...

1.4 More specifically the draft Regulations and Directive would require:

· compulsory testing for all classes including motorbikes and three wheel vehicles;

• increased frequency of periodic roadworthiness tests for old vehicles with a minimum in all Member States of a first test at four years, then two years, then annually thereafter (commonly called 4-2-1);
  • improved quality of vehicle tests by setting common minimum standards for equipment and inspectors;
  • elimination of almost all exemptions from periodic testing;
  • bringing all trailers and all agricultural tractors capable of more than 40 kph into scope of testing;
  • subjecting electronic safety components to mandatory testing;
  • clamping down on mileage fraud, with mandatory registered mileage readings and a new offence for non-compliance;
  • an interchange of electronic information on vehicle inspection;
  • Member States to use powers to deal with 'dangerous' vehicles; and
  • introduction of a system to de-register a vehicle if deemed to be un-roadworthy.

What do they mean exactly by those two sentences I wonder?

The UK Government response talks a lot about subsidiarity, which is Euro-speak for the principle that decisions should be devolved down to as low a level as is possible. In this case, I think it means that the UK response to the Commission essentially says 'the UK already does most of this, and the bits we don't already do will be expensive and unlikely to be justified by the cost. Your priority should be to make the rest of Europe conform to the high standards already applied in the bigger, northern, countries, not loading the citizens of those countries with more burdens which will cost everyone more money for very little benefit.'

Nick.

It seems that the UK govt is not happy about the proposals - they state that the UK already exceeds most of the requirements for cars and motorbikes, is pointing out the costs of the scheme and highlighting the fact that much of the benefit is based on unquantified assumptions. One of the recent similar documents (if not this one) also highlights the loss of 28,000 jobs in the UK aftermarket vehicle industry should modifications and accessories be banned.

With UKIP's increasing pressure creating so much concern within the Commons, and increasing demands for a referendum that Cameron is trying to avoid, I don't think the govt will let this one go anymore - more pointless bureaucracy that needlessly ends a very popular British hobby, costs a fortune in taxes and puts another 28,000 (minimum) out of work, while also forcing hundreds of thousands of households to lose the use and any value of their vehicles would be electorally suicidal. I just can't see it being adopted now, thank god. Frankly, the EU have much bigger problems to deal with.