Unusual Land Rover

dottythe90

Definitly a Santana IIRC a Cazorla pick up.

this is the current PS10 or Anibal model has a Iveco 2.8TD common rail injection engine, LT85 5 speed gearbox & selectable 2/4 wheel drive

IMG_0946.jpg

IMG_0948.jpg

IMG_0947.jpg

IMG_0954.jpg

I had 2 this green one & a red one for a week on fire duty at Greenbelt Festival

Definitly a Santana IIRC a Cazorla pick up.

this is the current PS10 or Anibal model has a Iveco 2.8TD common rail injection engine, LT85 5 speed gearbox & selectable 2/4 wheel drive

I had 2 this green one & a red one for a week on fire duty at Greenbelt Festival

Not sure about some of the styling points on the santana but I do find basic vehicle very attractive.

How did you find the Iveco compared to your 200TDi?

I've always thought Santanae (is that the plural?) look ok from the side with the bolt on arches but cack from the front and even worse from the back! It looks like an Eastern European or Korean copy of a Land Rover. If the UK MoD ever do buy any, I think our battlefield cred would suffer :D

Not sure about some of the styling points on the santana but I do find basic vehicle very attractive.

How did you find the Iveco compared to your 200TDi?

didn't get much chance to drive it, but it's seems to be a cracking engine at 2.8 turbo intercooled & common rail injection it should be, it picks up quick & had lots of grunt, but it was completely empty, maybe I should have loaded my 500kgs of rally recovery kit into it for a better comparison, don't like the ride on parabolic leafs though to hard when empty, much prefer my 110 anyday :i-m_so_happy:

drove the red one & the red 110 all 3 were kitted & used as fire appliances backed up by our fire tender a Dodge S50.

the red 110 & red Santana ready for duty

IMG_0984.jpg

the Dodge appliance

IMG_0985.jpg

2 Fire Support 110's [blue one is mine & the white one belongs to Earl -- forum username] & the green Santana ready for duty

IMG_0986.jpg

I have more pics of details & interior, just need to upload to my PB account.

Edited by western

More pics of the PS10 above, interior & underchassis.

open link above & double click to enlarge pictures.

a few comments, door handles are not very nice to use, ride when empty is hard, dash is very poor plastic,lots of exposed screws-- more than a Defender, front seats seemed comfortable --but didn't have to drive it for hours, rear side windows are fixed, rear side doors don't open as far as Defender 110 do, tubular front bumper is welded to chassis. park brake in between front seats so no room for centre cubbybox, main gearbox is a LR LT85 5 speed with selectable transfer box with 2 or 4 wheel drive -- shift was fully forward 2H - 4H - N - 4L fully rearward, no centre diff selector or diff lock.

Edited by western

Not overally impressed :unsure::huh: but they did the job we needed to complete, I certainly wouldn't by one if I was needing to replace my 110 -- that would definitly be a rebuild or newer 110, the rest of the firecrew didn't like them much either & we have already made it known that 110's are our choice vehicle for next year, for last year we had 3 brand new 110 Td5's & everyone liked them :i-m_so_happy:

engine was fine though & could be a possible alternative to a 200/300Tdi.

More pics of the PS10 above, interior & underchassis.

open link above & double click to enlarge pictures.

a few comments, door handles are not very nice to use, ride when empty is hard, dash is very poor plastic,lots of exposed screws-- more than a Defender, front seats seemed comfortable --but didn't have to drive it for hours, rear side windows are fixed, rear side doors don't open as far as Defender 110 do, tubular front bumper is welded to chassis. park brake in between front seats so no room for centre cubbybox, main gearbox is a LR LT85 5 speed with selectable transfer box with 2 or 4 wheel drive -- shift was fully forward 2H - 4H - N - 4L fully rearward, no centre diff selector or diff lock.

The rear diff at least appears to be of Hypoid construction. The steering trackrod is up front and higher up than a Defender.If the LT85 has been redesigned with better bearings that would be at least 3 points in their favor.

Bill.

The rear diff at least appears to be of Hypoid construction. The steering trackrod is up front and higher up than a Defender.If the LT85 has been redesigned with better bearings that would be at least 3 points in their favor.

Bill.

I dont believe it is, bill. The diffs are ordinary series diffs, but with different ratios; the axles are exactly series casings, but wider. Hence the draglink up front.

Have a nose on this website, they are offered for sale as seperate parts: http://www.heystee-automotive.com/index.htm

daan

this one is Portuguese and it was used by our railroad company. take a look at it's witdh. it's wider than a normal SIII so our guess is that it was also used on the rails.

the LR badge on the grill says something under "Land Rover", but i can't figure out what it is

landrovercpbn3247we2.jpg

I dont believe it is, bill. The diffs are ordinary series diffs, but with different ratios; the axles are exactly series casings, but wider. Hence the draglink up front.

Have a nose on this website, they are offered for sale as seperate parts: http://www.heystee-automotive.com/index.htm

daan

Interesting website Daan. And perhaps your right about the diff. But the casting is different to series diffs, ie no filler plug or boss. and doesn't have the flat bottomed pinion snout of later model coiler style diffs. The pinion line also appears to be below centre, but that could also be an optical illusion from the angle that the photo was taken from.

Bill.

this one is Portuguese and it was used by our railroad company. take a look at it's witdh. it's wider than a normal SIII so our guess is that it was also used on the rails.

the LR badge on the grill says something under "Land Rover", but i can't figure out what it is

landrovercpbn3247we2.jpg

For that vehicle to be used on rails I would think the front axle would need to be the same width as the rear one, which it clearly isn't in the photo. More than likely that vehicle is fitted with dual rear wheels.

Bill.