Anything interesting in the snow?

Tetsu0san

We've had a little n South Wales, have had some pleasant driving cannot understand why people cannot be bothered to clear widows and lights before driving. Had a Porsche in front of me still covered in snow crawling along got annoyed because I overtook him. Other idiots out and about with no clue how to cope.

Drove to work. Worked all day, only stopping to rant at the door of the closed NatWest so I couldn't pay my wages in. Brushed snow off Landy. Drove home. Thoroughly boring normal day, really can't see what the problem is.

Ok so who broke the smileys?

Took the V8 out for a drive up to the hills,got halfway up a very snowy road with the wind blowing a gale and found this :o

Any idea where the driver was? I'd be a bit worried if that was in the middle of nowhere, is it far for the driver to have walked?

Any idea where the driver was? I'd be a bit worried if that was in the middle of nowhere, is it far for the driver to have walked?

It was only 1/2 a mile from the village and 5 mins after we got there the owner turned up with a shovel,after a lot of shoveling and trying to winch it out it was still stuck :o then a 4x4 tractor turned up and pulled it out much to the relief of the owner.

Road outside my house is frozen solid - compacted snow. Was hoping to go Hippo hunting to replace the MINI, but I'm not sure I'll get the MINI to a decent road without damage (presently the alloy wheels have NO kerb damage and I want to keep them that way). Food shopping at local Morissons was the quietest ever at 07:00 this morning, 90 was fun on the ice :)

We've had a little n South Wales, have had some pleasant driving cannot understand why people cannot be bothered to clear widows and lights before driving. Had a Porsche in front of me still covered in snow crawling along got annoyed because I overtook him. Other idiots out and about with no clue how to cope.

I certainly did feel the odd one out with a total clean car, thanks to parking it in the underground one at work in the morning before we were all advised to leave Basingstoke before we got stuck :hysterical:

Drove home and then upto Worcestershire, no issues albeit the Hampshire local authority have decided to equip every tractor with a snow plough and send it out so all the minor roads became sheet ice :( So had to adapt and use the verge to slow down once much to the funny looks of the sliding seat who was coming the other way :i-m_so_happy:

There was a lot of cars with damage though and several vans in ditches along the M4 and A417/419, including brand new Range Rover Sport running around with a pushed in Corner :rolleyes:

Far too many people of lesser intelligence on the roads yesterday as not a lot of them had cleared they're roofs of snow or cleaned the front end for the lights or using they're lights either for that matter-makes me angry that the serious lack of common sense has well and truly arrived

John

Ditto, drove from Bristol to trowbridge in my Eurobox with no winter tyres and saw no end of idiots doing 5mph uphill with no lights on, peering out of the tiny gap they'd made in their snow-covered Astras. Has to be said i also counted 2 Discos being driven as though they were invincable!

Why do we, as a nation, turn into such douchenozzles in snow?

Rant over, will go take me pills now ;-)

Saw a woman this morning scraping snow off her car... she managed to scrape a load off the rood and fill her wellies right up :lol:

Is that whilst you were standing in the field looking for your keys Ross? :hysterical:

Not had much on the Herts/Essex border, but it only takes two flakes of snow and the roads come to a standstill!

I've been leaving the Landy at home and using the Cavalier, with worn summer tyres, and had no real issues!

Found this at 1.30 am this morning. He had been driving along a clear A50 and was lost and tried to stop on a service road which was covered in snow. I was in my passat and had no chance of shifting it. So I went and got the disco out. He had been there trying to get someone to stop for 20 minutes but no one had. He was on his way from Scotland to London.

IMAG2027_zps52fd2653.jpg