ibex 300 build

1 hour ago, miketomcat said:

We've had it for a few years. It's a great tent we run a wood burner in there which is lovely in the winter or if it's wet. Ours survived force 9 up here a few years ago and a steady force 6/7 for the rest of the time.

IMG_20220410_174707.thumb.jpg.640385361193fddca6b5d61eff26ade4.jpg

Mike

Thats Awesome :)  - glad you got the head back together too!

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Wytze said:

Will keep my fingers crossed Mike.  Can you see where the gasket went?  

Looks like between no2 pot and the water way between 2 and 3, though the water way between 3 and 4 doesn't look great either. It will be interesting what the machine shop say especially as it looks like there might be a crack between glow plug and injector on no2. Either way it'll be going back on for now it's just how quickly I need to do the other engine.

Mike

13 minutes ago, miketomcat said:

Looks like between no2 pot and the water way between 2 and 3, though the water way between 3 and 4 doesn't look great either. It will be interesting what the machine shop say especially as it looks like there might be a crack between glow plug and injector on no2. Either way it'll be going back on for now it's just how quickly I need to do the other engine.

Mike

In the now, and with what you have..  Must say.. That is how i go aswell.  Those water way's are in the head and not in the block, if i remember correctly?  If so, would it help to instant gasket them up? 

17 minutes ago, Wytze said:

In the now, and with what you have..  Must say.. That is how i go aswell.  Those water way's are in the head and not in the block, if i remember correctly?  If so, would it help to instant gasket them up? 

Other way round they're in the block not the head. I would be worried the instant gasket could come adrift and block somewhere else. I have been told of someone welding them up, but that seems a lot of effort for little gain. I am however surprised the gasket isn't just blank there but I guess it's a hang up from earlier configuration's.

Mike