LR Series ordering problems

Hybrid_From_Hell

Hi All,

Ordered a load of stuff from www.lrseries.com now well over 12 +  days ago, ...

......have heard absolutely nothing, ziltch - and am wondering just WTF is going on ???

Anyone had problems with them like this in the past, ...

curently they seem ignore all emails and messages etc, ....and have no phone contact number ?

Anyone got a phone number for them ????

nige

I've bought quite a bit from them in the past and they never communicate as far as I remember. The stuff just turns up but usually quicker than that.

It's a very small place, there was just one guy there (Dominic) when I turned-up un-announced once to try to buy something over the counter (which they don't do). I imagine that a tiny manning issue could put a spanner in the lead-time works, so to speak.

I have used them a lot in the past, and had a few problems which they resolved quickly. I only slowed down my buying because I ran out of money! But there was also a nagging feeling about unanswered emails and a couple of parts from big orders that were supposed to be sent later, and never were. However, there was nothing obvious like this thread or like the crazy thread linked above from 2014. Then one day I read that Dominic was in trouble for shooting a girl in the neck with an air rifle, which put me off rather a bit. http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/9400065.Businessman_shot_girl__17__in_the_neck/

4 hours ago, Davo said:

I have used them a lot in the past, and had a few problems which they resolved quickly. I only slowed down my buying because I ran out of money! But there was also a nagging feeling about unanswered emails and a couple of parts from big orders that were supposed to be sent later, and never were. However, there was nothing obvious like this thread or like the crazy thread linked above from 2014. Then one day I read that Dominic was in trouble for shooting a girl in the neck with an air rifle, which put me off rather a bit. http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/9400065.Businessman_shot_girl__17__in_the_neck/

:o  So a guy with a temper problem perhaps?

There's a second business on the same property, Brookfield Land Rover Parts. Could that be him under another name due to having damaged LR Series as an entity?

I'm not out to get anyone, and they were quite good to me at times several years ago, but yes, there is some erratic behaviour. Because I have a lead time with parts that will be at least weeks, if not months if something goes wrong, I'm picky about who I buy from and tend to do my homework. And yes, Brookfield is a Blanchard company, but under a different first name, so I'd assume a family member. 

I hope it's clear I wasn't trying to nail anyone to the wall either. As I said originally, people make their own beds in situations like that, call it karma or just "You reap what you sow." If you treat people badly it's going to come back to you sooner or later. 

I stand by naming him here and reading back with two years under my belt, I feel I wouldn't be so patient today. Decency is scant now because so few demand it. 

With respect to what he did with the teenagers, maybe he was just defending his premises and business from persistent vandals or thieves.  The police frequently fail to respond to calls of such problems, and the press love to portray a desperate victim as a villain where teenagers are involved - remember the 80+year old farmer Tony Martin and the two persistent burglars he shot in self defence - he was portrayed as the villain in that one.  It may not be what happened here, but without any information on the circumstances, I'm withholding judgement.  Context is important.  Maybe the teens were perfectly innocent in this case, but cars full of teens are often up to no good.

However, my experience of LRSeries was abysmal every time I tried to use them - they never answered the phone and never responded to emails, so with that attitude, they deserve to go to the wall.

On 12/10/2016 16:39, L. R. Series wrote:
Hello,

New part number for this is LR053803, not in stock but one day away direct from Land Rover

Thanks and best regards from Kevin (Dispatch Manager)
L. R. Series
JLR GSDB code: GGKUA
This email and any attachment are intended solely for the addressee, are strictly confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient any reading, copying or any other use or reliance is prohibited. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender immediately by email and then permanently delete the email. Copyright reserved.
www.lrseries.com
”Facebook” ”Twitter”

Sent: Monday, October 10, 2016 11:05 AM
Subject: Enquiry from lrseries.com
direct

E-mail from The L. R. Series Ltd Website

Receipt details

• Date received: Monday 10 October 2016 at 11:05
  • From remote address: 86.183.55.158

Contact details

Make and Model details

• Model:
  • Model year:
  • Chassis number:
  • Engine type:
  • Part number: awj710430

Query

• PLEASE ADVISE IF THIS IS IN STOCK AS NEED IT ASAP !! NIGE

So I ordered it.

I also already had a previous order in - heard nothing.

1st order then was shown as "Cancelled by admin" ???WTF ?

With nom phone to be answered I emailed messages and .......nothing

Yesterday 23rd, I facebooked a " Not Happy where is it / why don't you reply / why don't you answer the bloody phone / tell me whats going on ? " 

and reply came swiftly..........(and the comment on their facebook page I see has been swiftly deleted ...:rofl: )

basically a "we didn't get any messages very sorry, 1st order canx as NLA" ... (absolute carp ordered elsewhere... and have them now)

"2nd order was factory was out of stock" (was in stock when I asked, out of stock 30 m ins later after I ordered ?  but its all my fault as I didn't email them (enough).... never got my messages etc ....(email and through website and other assocaited carp )

Never ever again, ....

thinking about it companies who don't have phones that you can ring and check out things etc maybe have a reason for doing so :rolleyes:

Anyway - ONE phone call - sorted - here tommorow :D

Hey ho

Nige

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Snagger said:

...maybe he was just defending his premises and business from persistent vandals or thieves.  ...remember the 80+year old farmer Tony Martin and the two persistent burglars he shot in self defence - he was portrayed as the villain in that one.  

Exactly what I thought. I totally sympathise with Tony Martin, we had/have a local chap who (whenever he's released) destroys the peace by systematically burglarising every house along the beach front. Hes evolved to being brazen enough in the face of security cameras because it suits him fine to go back inside. I've chased and caught a burglar before and I knew better than do anything but have him by the scruff of his hoody and give him a good scare, this local chap though he makes my blood boil. A member of the Gardaí (our Police) told me that taking him round back and giving him a good beating is what they'd like to do, but obviously can't. Judges go easy on teens and that's great, but the line needs to be drawn for repeat offenders. RE the Police not responding, I had two Rostyles stolen from the alignment place I was at, in broad daylight, at the back of the building in view of the mechanics and on multiple angles of CCTV. The Police came, viewed the footage with the Manager and I, flat out identified the culprits as known to them and subsequently refused to go the 300m down the road to where they live to apprehend them. This all within an hour of the event.

All that considered, I still think our friend above is either an idiot or an egomaniac to point a loaded weapon at someone who wasn't putting his well being in danger. Yes that's information I don't know but I can't imagine a 17 year old unarmed girl being a huge threat.

3 hours ago, Shackleton said:

There's a second business on the same property, Brookfield Land Rover Parts. Could that be him under another name due to having damaged LR Series as an entity?

FWIW, the big P.A.Blanchard ex MOD Land Rover place is just over the road from lrseries too

I've never used Lrseries. Choice of genuine or britpart. So unless I want genuine they're useless anyway! Prices are not usually competitive either. 

Usually I prefer Lrdirect as you get a choice of lots of suppliers and they often state that a product is corteco/timken/QH etc from a supplier so you know you are getting a decent brand without necessarily having to pay genuine prices. 

I am not liking what I am reading here.

Ripping into any company, outwardly naming people, making accusations against police ...all in a public format does not look good for the forum.

Not cool people.

The original question asked if anyone had problems ordering...not for a public debate on the possible company owners character

...and also people defending you as well, go read that as well.

Sorry you don't like it, but seems people have plenty of written evidence that when things don't go right, they have in the past been handled poorly.

Perhaps if you take it on the chin and change for the better from a humbled perspective you'd gain some custom on back.

Want to try again? :)

• Like 1

Tal, a comment about the police not being reliable in response to calls regarding teens committing a public nuisance or burglary is not any kind of accusation.  They are unreliable in these cases, it's a common issue and not a reflection on individual officers who are often overstretched and already dealing with another issue.  I think you're being a little oversensitive there - the point of that post was that judgement over the reported event should be withheld until all the facts are known, especially given the reliability of the media.

• Like 1

@Bowie69 You've a few good years yet mate :rolleyes: :P

@Tal The only reflection on the forum is of a place where free speech is upheld and people are entitled to their opinion. To call anything in this thread an accusation is just melodrama, and trying to incite backlash. Police forces generally do amazing work, but like anything there are exceptions. The only reason it seems negative here is because negative energy like that displayed by this chap at LR Series breeds and invites more negative energy. There are enough people reporting poor experiences with LR Series to make it fairly cut and dry that their customer service is poor if it exists at all. A person can't operate a business in that manner and expect customers to gloss over their grievances and give glowing reviews. The nature of my own experience with LR Series absolutely calls the fellows character into question and I gave him more than one opportunity to be bigger about the whole thing, so I don't apologise for relaying the incident or expressing my distaste. Even still the olive branch is extended, if he is indeed here watching.

Sorry for going on, but I'm not going to put up with being treated discourteously, or the defence of that sort of behaviour. I feel silly for passing comment on the shooting thing, for that I apologise, that was an opinion that I should have kept to myself.

• Like 1