miketomcat

ibex 300 build

383 posts in this topic

Just some pics to get you started I've still got to clear a space in the garage to build it.

IMAG0180.jpg

IMAG0182.jpg

IMAG0179.jpg

Mike

Very much looking forward to watching this build Mike, and even more looking forward to seeing it in the flesh... ready for Seven Sisters in September? ;)

so that's why your 110 is up for sale, never seen a double cab Ibex like that before.

I like Ibex vehicles, I just wish their website wasn't stuck in that horrible "Shockwave Flash is the best thing ever" period of the internet.

good to see the new owner is on here, you had that off my friend.

was it easy enough to get it off the ramps ?

Current plans are 200tdi/lt77 not sure whether it'll be a disco or def box it depends on prop lengths I have all these so choice was easy. Probably rover front and Salisbury rear on fairly standard suspension as again I have these and this truck will be my daily driver. I'm going to build some sort of box on the back use one one of my dashboards and freelander seats. Colour is not yet confirmed this truck will be IVA'ed and is planned to take about a year to build.

Mike

So that's what a double-cab Ibex looks like...

Should be a good project - will watch with interest!

You going to change your forum name MikeTomcat, -> MikeBarge, -> Mike2Ibexes :D

The other ibex belongs to tsd he is lending me some space till I can clear enough in my garage. Dam good photo though.

Mike

Looking forward to seeing it bombing around Southampton. Ashley at work and I were chatting about your purchase......

The windscreen hasn't been cut out to full size yet but there is something like 2" box under the aluminum there.

Mike

Sorry, Ibex are Marmite iccky :( . Nowhere near as attractive as your Tomcat!

Nice timber framed garage though!! :i-m_so_happy:

Not my garage though as for the ibex/tomcat thing the trouble is you can't get two kids and a wife in a tomcat .

Mike

Sorry, Ibex are Marmite iccky :( . Nowhere near as attractive as your Tomcat!

I prefer the looks of ibex 1's to ibex 2's, always liked JJ from frogs islands old one.

Nice timber framed garage though!! :i-m_so_happy:

I like the green oak frame lined in Chipboard!

Lucky sod, i think i saw this to... but new i would never get it passed the misses.<br /><br />Is it heavy?<br /><br />I take it all the glass is stock landrover parts?

Trust me my misses added strings. Weight wise it's about the same as a fully tricked up truck. As far as I know all the glass is special but it is all flat glass so easy to get.

Mike

I prefer the looks of ibex 1's to ibex 2's, always liked JJ from frogs islands old one.

Mine is actually a mk7 though I believe mk4's never made it into production as to the differences I won't bore you with the details sorry I'll take the anorak off now. I think I've been reading to much.

Mike