Price of steel wheels

Anderzander

24 minutes ago, western said:

My XD/Wolf steels were around 35 quid each, Probabbly a bit more now, there are 2 versions Tubed & Tubeless, the Tubed ones are stamped 'TUBED' on the outer rim face. 

when i checked as i fancied a new set, they are around £75 each now

1 hour ago, Anderzander said:

I’m thinking of putting some Defender steel wheels on my series so I can run tubeless radials - can anyone give me a pointer of what would be a fair price for a set of 5 please?

Not a lot. Old sodbury sortout is the perfect place for this kind of thing.

Or this: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Defender-110-Tdci-Puma-earlier-set-of-5-steel-wheels-Continental-tyres/142630519721?hash=item21357103a9:g:rEUAAOSwUoNaLF1~

I believe from the TDCI onwards, they were tubeless, which should be 2007 onwards.

Must say, wolf rims are not for me....

Daan

Thanks guys. I know someone with a TDCi who has just fitted a set of boost wheels, so I’ll make an offer.

at this point of being about to buy tyres I’m thinking I want the added performance and safety of a radial tyre. It means a bigger outlay - so I was hoping the wheels won’t be a fortune.

With them being for a series I didn’t want wolf or modulars - as standard a look as possible but able to take the more modern tyre.

13 hours ago, Daan said:

Not a lot. Old sodbury sortout is the perfect place for this kind of thing.

Or this: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Defender-110-Tdci-Puma-earlier-set-of-5-steel-wheels-Continental-tyres/142630519721?hash=item21357103a9:g:rEUAAOSwUoNaLF1~

I believe from the TDCI onwards, they were tubeless, which should be 2007 onwards.

Must say, wolf rims are not for me....

Daan

Earlier than that, maybe even 2002 onwards were tubeless, couldn't say exactly when but certainly pre-Puma vehicles had tubeless 5.5x16 steels

If you are not urgently needing to get rid of those, I'd be very interested in those 5 rims (michelins are welcome) to be used under the Hybrid.

I seem to be doing a UK Raid in March / April to collect quite a few bits and you are not too far off the route.

On 27/12/2017 at 12:33 AM, western said:

Britpart copies, probably.

Vass in Amptill had hundreds of them kicking about, used and new ex-MoD stock, most with XZL or G90 tyres, for very sensible prices.  They'd be worth a call.