So Sid on bump stops, some work to do to the front to reduce bump stop height, could get away on off side but near side needs the sump removing and trimmed to stop single link catching, not a big job

20230628_163424.thumb.jpg.911d7cc3b1680b040c5b0d451640036f.jpg

20230628_163432.thumb.jpg.ac13d489ff6b0403c6e42cb5ec5f1711.jpg

Near side single link arm

20230628_163458.thumb.jpg.e94fe2c583f05dbd6dcd2f313af97549.jpg

Off side

20230628_163546.thumb.jpg.f551362a15ce68ae424739f8daf33b4d.jpg

Regards Stephen 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dangerous doug said:

How did you get on with the iroks Stephen? I’ve always liked those tyres!

Ok, probably better next time out with them aired down, time will tell

Any suppliers in the UK for large off road tyres ??

Regards Stephen

5 minutes ago, Ed Poore said:

In all seriousness dumper truck / tractor tyres?

Used 7.50 dumper tyres when I did modified trials, brilliant grip though not so good on side slopes, side walls will be very stiff on bigger sizes

Regards Stephen

Couple of things, if any of you have 17" steel rims could I get a measurement of the internal diameter of the rim from the inside edge, also Willwood calipers, are they physically smaller than disco rears, from what I've been looking at some of their calipers curve around with the disc which seems to make them fit in tighter spaces , also a measurement from the disc edge to the farthest part of the caliper from the disc would be good

I'm asking because the inside diameter of a disco 1 alloy is not that far from going over the disco caliper set up I have, 17 inch rim will not go over the mog steering housing but sacrificing a wee bit of width to gain better tyre selection is a compromise I could live with

Regards Stephen

2 hours ago, FridgeFreezer said:

@Stellaghost if you want a couple of Wilwoods to measure up I *may* have some lightly and no-so-lightly used ones knocking around. They're pretty compact as Dangerous Doug's picture shows, and mine have proven reliable.

Cheers John that would be good, I will obviously return them once I see what the crack is, let me know if you find them

Regards Stephen

Plenty of peeps have, just not sure about it on this forum, in the states it is a common thing, and you can buy weld on beadlock rings for not much cash.

But the carriage over here could be ruinous.

They are just a ring with holes in them mate. Some have a bead of their own for a bit more calming and others have a bit more steel on the back so they don’t deform when you do the bolts up. 

did find these which are the most complex weld on ones I’ve seen and look pretty good

https://www.advancedmechanics.se/lang-EN/shop/product/beadlock-16-super-drain?tm=accessories-in-general/beedlocks

another way you could do it is to cut your wheels in half, weld a pare of bolt rings in and have a spacer tube in the middle to make a crude double beadlock

• Like 1

Been having a bit more think about this, with a bit of modification to my flat bar roller, I could roll some flat bar end on into a circle to form the basis of my weld on section and clamp, sounds good in theory anyway

Regards Stephen

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Daan said:

John Sales made these double bead locks for me to do Ladoga:

image.png.aa9e49daa448dd4a889fce30c70581f2.png

He essentially cut a 15" modular type wheel in half and welded the bolt rings in to create a split rim. A 16" PVC tube was used to clamp the beads together, and a large O ring meant for a manhole cover was used to seal the 2 halves. Very effective and cheap, I aired down to 2 PSI to drive the swamps.

I can design the bolt rings for you on CAD to get them water cut if you want me to.

Daan

Love this!

Is it an open offer to all?😂

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Daan said:

I can design the bolt rings for you on CAD to get them water cut if you want me to.

Daan

That is a very generous offer Daan, something that I might come back to.....

If you don't mind I am going to cobble something together myself first just because I like to see if I can do it with the gear I've got, if you know what I mean

Thank you regards Stephen