8 minutes ago, Stellaghost said:

One down, two to go........

Latest CT scan results today, consultant telling me all good, next scan in a year, very, very happy about this

Regards Stephen

Good one Stephen!!    I know how that feels.  3 year's to see if i'm a 2 or a 98 percent'er😁   

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, FridgeFreezer said:

No problems with swarf in the CT scanner then? :ph34r:

A CT won't care about swarf. An MRI on the other hand... could make you rather well-ventilated.

Really glad to hear that, Stephen. Cancer is a proper <insert extremely bad word of choice>.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, Stellaghost said:

@dangerous doug a while back you posted some pictures of ox levers, I'm liking the look of them for my diff locks, could you tell me where you got them please

Regards Stephen

They are a very simple thing. I’ll send you one up of you like and you can copy them

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/6/2023 at 5:34 PM, Stellaghost said:

One down, two to go........

Latest CT scan results today, consultant telling me all good, next scan in a year, very, very happy about this

Regards Stephen

Congrats Stella, cracking news! I'd say celebrate with a drink but I think what's more apt for you is to tell you to celebrate with a good bit of machining and fabrication haha. 

With regards to your rear steer setup, have you considered individual corner braking to as a bit of extra mobility in the mean time? If you could brake one corner, on most of the terrain you will be on, that should give you a tighter turning circle until you can get your 4 wheel steer sorted? 

Would just be a case of air locker disengaged, brake on one rear wheel and away you go with all power sent to the outside wheel surely? 

Edited by Stinkfloyd
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Stinkfloyd said:

With regards to your rear steer setup, have you considered individual corner braking to as a bit of extra mobility in the mean time? If you could brake one corner, on most of the terrain you will be on, that should give you a tighter turning circle until you can get your 4 wheel steer sorted? 

Would just be a case of air locker disengaged, brake on one rear wheel and away you go with all power sent to the outside wheel surely? 

I think your referring to fiddle brakes, I have ran fiddles when I used to do modified trials in Sid, can be very hard on axle components....

I still have the fiddle brake set up.....

The rear steering is purely a " why not " Never had it and you could argue I don't need it. However, it might be fun, not in any rush, but if the components turn up I will be cracking on with it

regards Stella

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So tyres ???????

Checking around Sid I've noticed one of the Super swampers has a gash in the sidewall, this I will repair at some point

I've been giving tyres a lot of thought and was going to order some off the net from Targo tyres but things are not stacking up for me enough to trust them as a legit company, if I was closer I would have went to the unit

The tyres I was looking at were 40 13.5 20 gladiator x comps

I've thought about going 17" but I put a lot of work into making Sids rims, I like the look of them so would prefer to keep them , although that is not cast in stone

17" rim to 3 7" tyre means a 10" side wall so therefore a 20" rim to 40" tyre also means a 10" sidewall, that's my thought process

so where to I get 40 - 42" tyres for a 20" rim, mud terrain on these shores, I would be delighted if it is possible , I'm having no joy looking on the net unless Targo tyres are legit.......

Regards Stephen

They are about but they are a dumper tyre. I dont know what they’re called but they’re a less open chevron pattern. Or you can try and find what The zil 131 use

https://mortarinvestments.eu/catalog/item/zil-131-12-20?

or there are things like the Michelin xzl

IIRC These are also a michelin but I forget what they’re called

IMG_6038.jpeg.e55be555acb4882d41f1e808a4976c51.jpeg