Do you know the weight of your build?

Wytze

Afternoon all!  

Dropping off the stuff to get galved, i had to drive on to a weigh bridge, with the stuff in it, and with out..    She put's 2310 kg on the scale.  That is with out the roof rack, front bumper, spare wheel carrier + spare and winch plate, or winch🤓   there are tools in the car.  And she's not very clean underneath.    So.. that got me thinking, and well yeah..  The title say's it all... Do you know your weight? And what is it?  

Olga is my 109 station wagon, with a few mod's here and there🤭

Cheers all!

My ibex is 2000kg including winch and spare, the wheels and tyres have changed from wolf rims and 205's to mach5 and 33's but doubt there's much in it. The only other thing that's been added since is the snorkel perhaps 3kg.

My tomcat was 1850kg including winch and spare wheel.

Mike

• Like 1

2 hours ago, miketomcat said:

My ibex is 2000kg including winch and spare, the wheels and tyres have changed from wolf rims and 205's to mach5 and 33's but doubt there's much in it. The only other thing that's been added since is the snorkel perhaps 3kg.

My tomcat was 1850kg including winch and spare wheel.

Mike

The 35's on mine are 46.5 kg with a rim.  That times 5

6x6 was 2200kg with 20kg of ratchet straps, two labradors at 30kg each myself (probably round up to the best part of 3 labradors).

That's with 3 axles and 6 tyres (14 ply 7.50s at the time on 1 tonne rims they weigh a carp load each).

• Like 1

Topical as I have just weighed my 300tdi Hi Cap which is converted to tip the standard Hi cap body. 255/85 BFG mud and full tank of fuel and a spare but otherwise empty. 2,240kg which gives me a payload of approx. 740kg plus a driver (3,050 gross)

It has the helper springs fitted now and with 750kg in it does not look heavy. Were any 110's rated at a higher gross weight than 3,050 other than the military ones?

Picture1.thumb.jpg.d776d2d2b2845260aadec1c29b063cbd.jpg

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, L19MUD said:

It has the helper springs fitted now and with 750kg in it does not look heavy. Were any 110's rated at a higher gross weight than 3,050 other than the military ones?

Hmm., odd I thought most were rated to 3.5t except the station wagons which were 3050kg?

Just now, Ed Poore said:

Hmm., odd I thought most were rated to 3.5t except the station wagons which were 3050kg?

I have seen station wagons rated just below 3,000kg (2,950?) This one checks out as a Hi Cap from new per the Vin on Microcat and nothing suggested otherwise when I rebuilt it. The gross weight plate has 3,050 on it

3,500kg would be handy obviously!

I thought the Hi-Cap model was launched as a 1 tonne payload at 3500kg GVW? V5 weights for Land Rovers are notoriously variable - I see lots of 88" Series with 3500kg on the V5.... 

My 109sw goes over the WB at 2500kg full cage long range tanks (full- 28 gallons) hydraulic converted PTO winch with steel cable and 6 gallon hyd. oil tank.

1 tonne wheels and 238/85-16 tyres

Steve

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ed Poore said:

110 Station wagons are 2950kg to keep them in the class 4 MOT regs. 110 Hardtop and pick up are 3050kg which is class 7, however I believe they're now classed as multi-purpose vehicle and can go through a class 4 MOT. Never had a hi-cap so don't know about them.

Mike

• Like 1

my work 110 is 3050 on the plate but i don't know what my v8 110 has without looking
last time i was on a weigh bridge gertie with sankey on came in at 3200kg(tipping with a crane fitted)
on my rebuild i'm hoping to put her on a diet

We were at 2,560Kg last year with a full pretty vehicle - that's without me but with Mrs P (who's wouldn't have added much). The roof and rack add a bit to standard, the box has light stuff in it and the 20litre black / grey waste container is often empty and was at this point. There are only two front seats and the rest have been replaced by fridge, toilet, storage boxes etc.

image.thumb.jpeg.499f049fcd5200df96a5531029dbe7b9.jpeg

• Like 1

15 hours ago, L19MUD said:

I've got almost the opposite issue with the 6x6. She's plated to 4t gross and 8t train which seems to put it into HGV territory. The previous owner was diabetic so had it downplated on the V5 to 3.5t.

It's got a 2t payload if at full 4t gross which is handy. This was a little over 3.5t on the back. Glynn stopped loading it when the tyre looked close to the bed.

DSC_0302.thumb.JPG.557f20b3d73dbd2447dd332e4535143f.JPG

• Like 2

Hi Wytze, 

My 90" runs at 2200kg incl. Me and all recoverygear full of fluids, 2 winches (one is a koenig so a bit on the heavy side), groundanchor and internal cage.

My mates 110 stw runs at 2350kg with driver ready to go to pomerania (one winch a koenig, again a bit on the heavy side) only a internal hoop. 

/mads

• Like 1