Fuel economy

I'm running a standard 200TDi, 33inch AT's (for the road). Just worked out my MPG over a trip from Poole in Dorset to Salcombe in Devon. I was towing a trailer (about 750KG's) on the way down, not on the way back. Averaged 26.8 MPG.

When running around locally I get an average of 30-32MPG which I didn't think was to bad!

Got through 20 litres to do 90 miles on Chris' treasure hunt yesterday - virtually all off road (though quite gentle) including quite a bit of razzing through puddles.

If my maths is right (which it usually isn't) that's about 20 mpg.

Standard 200TDi RR axles and 235/85 Muds.

OK, will work out the 07, and the hybrid figures, both left home full,

The 07 towing the hybrid to the pub and back,

The hybrid doing the route + from the pub to the start, Have no idea the miles, but seams most did about 90 ish ??

Have a feeling i do not want to know :o

I once got 30 following a 2 1/4 diesel at 45-50 all the way to Northumberland ! Cheap but painfully tedious :) After that 60 seemed suicidally fast :D

I seem to get about 25 on motorway runs.

How anyone can work it accurately to two decimal points beats me ! Dew, is that with a full load of coal and without a load ;)

Mo

200tdi 110 csw with roofrack, A/T.

Best - 32-33mpg on a french toll road at just over 60mph for the duration of just about the whole tank..

Worst 25mpg pulling a sankey full of slate around some winding roads

Generally see 30mpg without trying, I'm a slow driver though.

Jas

Guest dew110CSW

Just done the last 2 Tankfuls in the 110: They worked out at:

Mileage Price Cost Liters Gallons Distance MPG

134417 0.949 £40.00 42.15 9.27 194.5 20.978

134611 0.949 £20.00 21.07 4.64 131.6 28.387

28mpg has really impressed me tbh, will be doing more granddad driving I think.

OK

Can I play please :lol: ?

erm

4.5 eales :)

Original Cr*p efi Flapper system without misfire (that means running properly)

when this happened around 19 MPG

with Misfire around 11 mpg

with 4 barrel 5 maybe with care 6 MPG :lol:

with MS

Don't know yet but better than 1st

My god - I have "Fridge" syndrome - MS bore-u-2-f-death-infection :lol:

nige

PS wnat to see my datalogs ? :moglite:

• 3 weeks later...

Cripes, they can use fuel when they want to, can't they?!

The last tank took me from Salisbury to Horsham, with a Sankey trailer full of wheels/tyres (not that heavy but aerodynamically challenged I suspect) and then from Horsham to Peterborough and back as far as Cambridge towing X-eng's exhibition trailer (Large, heavy and square). I stuck to speed limits all the way (mostly) and was rewarded with 20.5mpg. :( I also fitted 255/85s so there should be a few % error as compared to the 235/85s that were on there. Even so, 22mpg at best.

Thinking about it though, the trailer is a large box affair, much wider and higher than the 110 as just as heavy when full of kit I would think. So a 33% drop for all that extra work does not seem so bad.

Chris

Surely that should be X-hibition trailer ;)

My 110 does about 21mpg with no trailers on, probably due to the relatively short runs (not measured it on a long run) but when the 200Tdi Discovery used to do 28mpg I do wonder what has happened...

1989 110CSW 2.5TD with 150000.

Leccy fan, 265/70r16

23-25mpg on Tesco/Sainsburys/elCheapo with a squirt of Cetane improver on top.

Nearly all B road with green lane mix and plenty of bumbling.

For some strange reason, I've always kept records of the fuel usage & cost for all the vehicles I've owned. :unsure:

FuelLog.jpg

It's a 200tdi 110 with 255/85s and a fairly tweaked fuel pump, and A/C running much of the time. For 32,000 kms over 3 and a bit years, the average is 26.4 mpg, or 10.7 l/100km and 11.88 cents per km. :huh: ...oh, leave me alone....it's an accountant thing...you wouldn't understand :lol::ph34r:

Paul :)

lwb series 2a with 2.5 naturally disaster-ated diesel from an early 110 - 25mpg

300tdi 90 with a mild tweak and 265 muds - 25mpg if driven normally

wifes old 200tdi disco with mega mileage - 25mpg

wifes new disco 2 td5 - 25mpg

getting a sense of consistency in the figures here..........

I consistently average 31mpg over a full tank of fuel in my '99 110 CSW TD5 with JFearn intercooler & chip upgrade, that's based on some motorway driving (generally try to stick to 60mph on motorways for fuel economy and carbon output), bit of driving around town and rural hilly commute to work.

I've switched to shell V-Power diesel this week, and will be covering around 900 miles of motorway on the stuff this weekend, so will post back with accurate figures next week.

A colleague has a Renault Clio 16v Sport dinky car thingy, which he gets 32mpg out of, so I'm quite happy with 31mpg, but would hope to do better this weekend.

Always fill it full, always buy Shell.

• 6 months later...

1995/6 Defender 300Tdi Station Wagon

We got 24 MPG UK gallons during our six months trip in Southern Africa. All types of roads. 12 days dry river bed driving. Four days in the Central Kalihari Game Reserve. All sand roads. A week in Chobe Game reserve. Again sand roads.

We weighed the Defender on return from the docks. 3.040kg. No fuel. water, drinks or food on board.

Roofrack with four 10 litre jerry cans. The big roof box.

238/85 tyres on Discovery rims. Overdrive fitted but not working for three weeks.

mike