Chequer plate fetish?

Les Henson

URGH!! Thats just wrong!

I'm not averse to a bit of chequer plate, but there is a limit.

Is it just me, but does it look really wonky from behind? The ladder & mudflaps all seem to be in slightly different directions.

And the side-on shots are just awful! With those body stripes angled in one direction, and the ali in another direction, it makes it quite hard to look at!

If chequerplate isn't your scene, and you prefer a softer look, then how about this take on a 109 soft-top fastback coupe conversion?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LANDROVER-CUSTOM-MAD...A1%7C240%3A1308

Is it a car? is it a speedboat? is it a pencilcase?

"Custom made" = "We f***ed up big time on the design and won't be making another like this" :rofl:

"Custom made" = "We f***ed up big time on the design and won't be making another like this" :rofl:

what happens if you take the canvas off over the front seats, does the bit at the back work like a sail or something?

That chequer plate looks awful.

Can't believe some tonsil is actually bidding on it, unless it's his mate just trying to get things going...

Probably buying it to take all the carp off, weigh it in and sell the 110 for more without it.

The only reason to chequerplate a rear crossmember is to hide corrosion!

However, I think he has missed a trick.

Surely the "Defender" stripes could be replicated in chequerplate.

I thought they were to start with!

That chequer plate monstrosity has the ignition lock/key on the right hand side of the steering column.

When did it change from the left?

You can just see the keys dangling down ;)

If chequerplate isn't your scene, and you prefer a softer look, then how about this take on a 109 soft-top fastback coupe conversion?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LANDROVER-CUSTOM-MAD...A1%7C240%3A1308

Is it a car? is it a speedboat? is it a pencilcase?

I can't see how you can open the door with the windows down, they are fastened on the outside and are one peice with the roof section so they can't swing out with the door...

That should be fun to have flapping around at 60 on the motorway.