B@@@@y Scrapiron

simonr

I purchased an 'X' brake from Simon a couple of months ago - top service and a great bit of kit.

I must admit I’ve not used Scrapiron for a few years - there’s a good reason for that, poor customer service and repeated incorrect parts being sent out, so no more business from me EVER!

Keep up the good work Simon

Lee

Island Offroad Adventure

Right, I've ordered it - let's see how entertaining he is!

Si

Hi Si,

Sorry - I gave you a bum steer! :( I'd lost my Zig Ziglar tape and went on Amazon to try and find it. The link I gave you is to another Zig Ziglar audiobook and its not so good. I know cos I ordered it myself and I've just listened to it. Its quite good but not really all that entertaining.

The one you want is this one:

Really Entertaining and absolutely inspired Zig Ziglar! :P

Cheers Chris

If any of you would like stickers (Before Sunday?), send me a PM with your address and what size (5x5" or 10x10") and how many and I'll mail them tomorrow afternoon FOC.

Si

Si,

many thanks for the stickers and funky keyfob that arrived today. Will wash a couple patches on the 90 at the weekend and get them on display.

Hi there, I have followed this thread with some interest for quite a while. Have also made my own enquiries about the X-brake.

Now will put my tuppence worth in.

I am putitng my money where my mouth is!! :P

Si you have received an order for an X brake and X jump online.

I have bought some stuff from SR before. Somehow I dont think I will buying from them again.

Si Can you bung some stickers in as well and see what you can do about my additional comments?

Regards

Leeds

PS Should I email SR and tell them why my money has gone to Si rather then to them?

Go for it Si! Zig Ziglar just got the thumbs up on The Armstrongs! You've got to see this program to believe it. It makes The Office look like a Public Information film... :huh::blink:

Just finished listening to good-ole Zig. He sounds a lot like, Forrest Gump, but makes him sound cultured & interlectual.

Most of what he said was common sense and the rest was a load of 'interesting' stories about his past sales experience and how great he is.

Within 30 sec I wanted to strangle him - by the end, gouging his eyes with a screwdriver seemed too good.

Pure torture!

Anyone want a free CD / Coffee mat?

Si

Just finished listening to good-ole Zig. He sounds a lot like, Forrest Gump, but makes him sound cultured & interlectual.

Most of what he said was common sense and the rest was a load of 'interesting' stories about his past sales experience and how great he is.

Within 30 sec I wanted to strangle him - by the end, gouging his eyes with a screwdriver seemed too good.

Pure torture!

Anyone want a free CD / Coffee mat?

Si

Not impressed then Si? Wizard.gif

I'm impressed by Si though. I just got my stickers and keyring! Brilliant. The Rangie now has a big X-Eng sticker on my taildgate lower and bonnet, and the ickle ones on the doors. As soon as the overtime pay appears in my bank, I'm going shopping, guess where?

Cheers Si, top man.

All very interesting this!

Never had dealings with SR so have no view either way - gut feeling tells me that someone has to pay for all that ponsy photography etc and it should'nt ever be me!

Bought X-Brake and full side X-Protect Bars from Simon in January - kit arrived promptly, instructions clear and does exactly as expected. Very impressed.

I've registered to add my support for Simon, his products and his service.

Don't let the B*stards get you down!

Guest diesel_jim

I just flicked through the latest LRO today, and on their "new kit" pages is a nice colour picture of the X-brake, complete with the "X" logo,

"exclusively from $crapiron engineering"

I think some form of email to LRO towers should be in order to point out the error of their ways!

Registered to this good forum since reading this thread, have long admired the x-eng brake and intend to get one later in the year. The more you hear about SR the more you dislike them and their methods. However i feel their advertising spending gives them alot of power in the press, i bet we never hear anything about this in any mag, i never knew about them and Equipe till now

I ordered some stuff from Si and asked if he could suppy an extra that was NOT on his list.

Got a reply the following day. OK he couldn't help me directly BUT he did point me in the right direction.

Thanks Si.

Somehow I dont think I would have got the same sort of response from SR!!

Keep up with the good service to your customers Si.

Regards

Leeds

Registered to this good forum since reading this thread, have long admired the x-eng brake and intend to get one later in the year. The more you hear about SR the more you dislike them and their methods. However i feel their advertising spending gives them alot of power in the press, i bet we never hear anything about this in any mag, i never knew about them and Equipe till now

Got stuff I ordered from Si within 96 hours. (OK that did include the weekend!!!) :P

Haven,t had a chance to check wether he included free stickers or not.

Me thinks the likes of Si and Matt Savage can certainly teach certain multipage advertisers what the meaning of customer service is.

Regards

Leeds

PS Cheers Si

Simon,

Scrapiron are now listing "ALUMINIUM HOSE ADAPTER WITH FAN SWITCH SENDER" under their new products. The adapter looks remarkably like your x-fan switch. I hope they haven't done it again. :(:(:(

Dave

Well that's a real shame Si. I remember you talking about this at the last wales meet. What a shame you can't take legal action against them. At least you have a better reputation, and word of mouth is in your favour.

Les. :)

All this has gathered the same momentum of a BBC news story about an dispute in some far off land..... one of those where you just wish somebody would step in and give the idiots guide.....

Ok i'm the idiot... guide me.....

Hi all i was at a competition at the weekend. I see someone with an x break and i ask them what they thought and they said it was c**p has anyone else had any trouble with them ?

There have been two problems that i am aware of so far, and i know that Simon has dealt with them by showing excellent customer service.

who did you speak to? did you find out if it was from X-eng or from Scorpion? what did they say was the matter?

The large number of guys on here who have them have had no problems at all (apart from the one guy that tried to stop his vehicle from 30 by using the handbrake, and warped the bracket :o )

perhaps you can give us some more information as we would like to hear about any probs!

Hi all i was at a competition at the weekend. I see someone with an x break and i ask them what they thought and they said it was c**p has anyone else had any trouble with them ?

Oh dear Lee...

Before the inevitable onslaught starts. I just read all your posts on this forum (yes, all 3 of them). It would have been a quick and simple exercise had it not been for the primary-school level English I had to fight my way through. If you get stuck on any of the long words in this post, please ask your mum for some help.

I'm not sure of what the criteria are for being banned from this forum, but having read your 'contributions' I wouldn't be surprised if that was the inevitable outcome - I'd certainly vote in favour of it.

Strangely, I think you yourself said it best:

>"...i think you should all just grow up..."

Good advice, n'est pas? ;)

Perhaps you could share some actual technical infomation on this event. Where was it? Who was the person with the 'carp' b-r-a-k-e (note the spelling ;) ). What sort of person has something they think is 'carp' fitted to their truck? Is this unfortunate person in any way mentally ill? Is this a relation of yours? Perhaps he wanted to give the competition a head start by fitting what he thought was an inferior product to his vehicle? In what way does this person think that the b-r-a-k-e is 'carp' - perhaps some constructive criticism founded in engineering would help improve the b-r-a-k-e still further. I for one would certainly like to see you justifying your statements rather than spewing unqualified sensationalist pap.

Personally speaking, I don't know Simon and I don't know Colin. Perhaps you are in the same boat. "Just business" or not (I think most people realise that it is), is it your opinion that Colin's treatment of Simon could be categorised as civilised and gentlemanly?

Just for the record, would you care to share your real name and address? No. I didn't think so...

Please try to improve the technical content of any future posts (i.e. have some). Al.

I've never come across someone with an IQ in single figures. Most infant school children can spell better than that.

I think we're likely to get a sprinkling of idiots making posts of this nature, if they all attract excellent replies such as Al's then bring them on! Perhaps an award for wittiest retort could be in order.

Excellent reply Al, I would have done something more controversial and changed the post................................................ :(

Les.