B@@@@y Scrapiron

simonr

Actually, I have no problem competing as its NOT their series; its the AWDCs series with SR only offering some sponsership. Why should Neil suffer when he's done a fantastic job with the series. I have a HUGE ammount of respect for what you've done!!!!

However, I would not put the stickers on my vehicle; why should I support competitiors of companies who support me or display advertising for products I don't use???? If I can't win prizes because of that, Im not really that fussed. In the end I just enter to drive and have fun.

P.S. Jules, what happens if you win the event with a truck with no SR components on? What does that do for their publicity?

To all the lads who are competing, fair play, I didn't realise you'd already stumped up the cash. As I mentioned I wasn't having a pop at anyone.

It's a shame the AWDC have to affiliate their events with companies of this ilk, I guess you need to take sponsorship wherever you can get it though :rolleyes:

I would imagine the atmosphere will be interesting to say the least?

Ok,

AWDC and sponsorhip.

This is my own view, and not that of the AWDC, but as a member of the AWDC for some 20+ years and now the AWDC Drive Round Day Chief Recovery marshal, some thoughts.

1. The AWDC is the club running these events, they have grown from little seeds to what they are now, great events, run by the AWDC and they would not be what they are now without people in the AWDC doing work for free such as robin Izzard, and Neil whitford to name a couple....

2. Sponsorship. AWDC did a deal with SIR (deal unknown to me and if I did know I wouldn't say :P:lol: ) where we had a compnay prepared to sponsor the "Series".

This was done a while ago, and as people have said they have paid for entry etc. SIR get publicity (which they wnat), and the AWDC got a sponsor (which they wnated), I guess mainly 'PR' and 'Prizes'.

3. Sponsors come and go, but are not easy to find, esp for coveringa YEARS series, but remember its the AWDC your paying money to, and competeting with, if you win and you don't take the prizes because of the above then thats your call.

I do have an image of a Anti SIR T Shirt on both winners with a photo ??? :lol: ...it could happen.

4. Sponsors will only sponsor when they feel they are getting value for their money, AWDC will have sponsors when they feel they are getting what they wnat. If either decide they are not then these things tend to move on.

5. DON'T Tar the AWDC for laying on superb series of events around the country FOR YOU THE MEMBERS of the AWDC just because of this, I am sure NAJW will be along to put a better 'AWDC View' on this, but it is hardly the fault of the AWDC, and it may mean the difference between these sorts of events contuining to grow and develop, and disappearing,

YOUR support should be to the AWDC irrespective as if you like the sponsor, look past to the bigger picture ?

6. Pulling out of the AWDC Events will really long term ruin your days fun,

the AWDCs ability to pay for these event, ie land etc,

and will be a snub to those members within the AWDC who make these things happen,

so thing about it PLEASE :blink: you'll hurt and upset the wrong peolle.

7. By all means write to the committee of the AWDC, but can you also see that a sponsor is something that needs to be there too ?. Its a nightmare situation, when Neil or any other Senior AWDC officail reads this they will think OoooH :huh::blink::( , so please consider them here and the club its members, your competing frinds etc too ?

Nige :ph34r:

I haven't got to the end of this thread yet as replies are being posted faster than i can read them. Anyway Simon i am fully behind you after the service i have seen you give. I have only ever dealt with Sr once and that ended up being a 3-month ordeal, never again. Simon keep up the good work.

Guest diesel_jim
G`day Si, sorry to hear it mate, it might pay to get onto someone like the expedition exchange and try to get some publicity in the States.

X-Eng is already known over there (the states).... a mate of mine (Cliff Durrett, Simon, the one on about getting 2 shipped over and the VaT thingy! ;) ) is ordering some, so plenty of interest there! :D:D

si, sorry to hear the news, does'nt suprise me, must companies like sr want to live off other peoples hard work

i cant believe they havent been on to defend themselves, when i competed in one of their events & posted

the way in which they cheated the scorings, all hell broke lose.

well looking at the support maybe you should extend your range of products :P

regards

graham

Just to add my bit, i'm a AWDC member have been for over 10 years,

I've entered all 8 rounds, all paid for, I spoke to colin last year at one of the rounds in wales

whilst having a drink with pigster, I for one don't have anything on my hibrid from Scrapiron,

and they have nothing i need either. which i told colin, he was not happy but thats the way it is.

I drive a class 1 Mod in the south east with the AWDC, and also set up trial's.

I will enter next year 07, all ready started on new car, it's a dam good series.

Just don't forget it's a AWDC challenge series, not a Scrapiron one.

Simon has my full surport, I'll have over size stickers on my hibrid Simon, Im happy to pay for them, can you get them for sunday?

Ps, bodywork! :lol: thank's Mr Brock :angry:

I agree with Nige's comments about the AWDC and how it would be unfair on many (the club, the members, those who organise the events, etc) to boycott the events. There are benefits to sponsorship, however they are also drawbacks (one of which Jules has pointed out) maybe the AWDC will look at who they get into bed with next time. Although having said that I would assume finding another major sponsor wouldn't be an easy task should the AWDC decide to go down that route, which will I guess depend on the feelings of it's members.

AWDC member for about as long as I've owned a landrover.

sorry to see that SR have yet again pinched a good idea, just shows you that they like their customers are only capable of using their cheque books but never their skiils or lack off it! I would,nt waste my money with them. They have shot their own foot, I am very impressed with the design/ knowledge shown by X-Eng that they seem to design from a users view point, and not just for the cheque book charlie bling looooooosers. am looking forward to getting a series disc handbrake! Down with SR

Marc :angry:

2 stickers please

I don't believe it!

I produced overlapping side protection bars. I don't know if they are a totally new idea - but I'd never seen any before! I know SR were not selling any!

Although none of the decent photos of trucks with bars have the overlapping type - the following photo looks to me like they use the same overlap idea.

SideBars-2.jpg

Coincidence?

Si

Sorry to hear its happened again ................absolutely amazing :o

but if it can happen once it'll happen again.

lets just hope you see a general rise in trade from the added worldwide publicity!

I don't believe it!

I produced overlapping side protection bars. I don't know if they are a totally new idea - but I'd never seen any before! I know SR were not selling any!

Although none of the decent photos of trucks with bars have the overlapping type - the following photo looks to me like they use the same overlap idea.

SideBars-2.jpg

Coincidence?

Si

Hi Si

I think (but may stand to be corrected) these guys were supplying SR with a similar units to yours b4 your website was launched :unsure:

http://xtremelandy.co.uk/xtremelandy/Septe...%2004.09.05.JPG

Regards, gary