B@@@@y Scrapiron

simonr

Jeez, pages being added to this thread faster than I can read it. Who said this forum was quiet B)

Si, along with the others to offer my support. SR have never got my trade and never will.

Now sign me up for a few stickers.

Wonder how a 4foot diameter one would look on my new yellow van. :D

Sorry to hear of what SR have done to Simon.

The show of support for Simon is well deserved.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Simon and X-Eng products on the basis of my dealings with him and the X-Eng transmission brake fitted to my rangie.

Simon,

sorry to hear about the theft of your design. I think behaviour like that is deplorable and I will certainly not be buying anything else from Scorpion Racing in the future. I'll also do what I can to let folks north of the border know what has happened.

Keep up the design of innivative solutions.

I would be careful there Minivin..................

playing with fire with your latest track record for safety :rolleyes:

first the grinder injury, then a burnt finger nail :lol:

gary :P

It's ok, I made a trail of petrol and lit it from a distance, hmmmm, fire! :D

It's heart warming to see the level of support here for Si, including all the 'new' members to the forum. Just goes to show how the British love the underdog, and the power of word of mouth advertising.

Long Live X-Eng!

BTW Half Orange, you can do as much backing as your wallet allows! RRC fitment is available, though not from SR! :)

Rocker,

Thanks for that! I have just been drooling over the X Eng web site and now have a shopping list as long as my, er, arm! SWMBO is going to have a fit....... If I tell her that is. ;o)

If you have not seen the site at http://www.x-eng.co.uk/ you really need to get on there and have a look around. It is a brilliantly simple site, with clear menu's pricing and advice for every product. Why can't all on line strores be as easy?

Anyhow, the CCis coming out of its hiding place as we speak.

I've started a T-shirt thread here

On a not so related topic I'd like to add my support for Ashcrofts. I got a call from them the other day out of the blue to check that I'd fitted the correct seal when I'd changed CVs several months ago. This is the sort of service not many companies give....

Not wanting to have a dig a anyone in particular, but if everyone is so steamed up over crapirons treatment of Simon, why still compete in their challenges?

If you're going to boycott 'em do it all the way.

Attending their events results in more magazine space for them.

Just a thought.

Not wanting to have a dig a anyone in particular, but if everyone is so steamed up over crapirons treatment of Simon, why still compete in their challenges?

Just a thought.

Fair Point Well Raised! ;)

I suspect some forum members have already paid (a not insignificant amount of money) up front for one or more of the AWDC/Scrapiron events, it would be unfair to expect them to boycott. Not really fair on Neil/AWDC either.

If I ever get the 90 finished (no comments required) then I was thinking about entering some of the AWDC/Scrapiron challenges, but as much as I'd like to support the AWDC I'd now be thinking much more carefully about that decission.

I think competing in the event but wearing one of the new t-shirts and applying a few X-Eng stickers would be a good compromise.

Just a thought.

Cause we've well... Nicks(Tangoman) paid £400+ upfront a month ago for the whole series and its not refundable, plus its really the AWDC with Scrapiron(plus others)not the other way round !

Just a thought.

The phrase ryhmes with "Cluckinbel" :angry:

Like you said Simon it was inevitable. But i know where i will be coming to get my conversion....X Eng for sure.

I think a a few stickers with "Scrapiron Free zone" placed on my trucks will help.

Out of principle, im not getting anything from them......Greedy low down SOB's

Just goes to show, the inovators from the Scum! Enough to turn this thread into a turrettes zone!!

X-Eng all the way.....................

Wont even let my Dog, pee on there tyres at the next show.............

SCRAPIRON SUCKS.....

As for thier Events.........Need lots of truck with X-eng stickers on them! And those whom compete and win to give them the BIRDIE on winning it :lol:

I suspect some forum members have already paid (a not insignificant amount of money) up front for one or more of the AWDC/Scrapiron events, it would be unfair to expect them to boycott. Not really fair on Neil/AWDC either.

If I ever get the 90 finished (no comments required) then I was thinking about entering some of the AWDC/Scrapiron challenges, but as much as I'd like to support the AWDC I'd now be thinking much more carefully about that decission.

I think competing in the event but wearing one of the new t-shirts and applying a few X-Eng stickers would be a good compromise.

I will still be competing in these events even though I am upset at the way that Simon has been treated. However, I dont think that the AWDC should suffer because of it. As I have stated before, I am more than willing to put x-eng/ anti scrapiron stickers on my truck for these events.

I would say that the challenge events are slightly different, because of the involvement with AWDC and many other good people.

I do not believe it would be right to penalise them because of a sponsor.

I would still quite like to take part in one of their challenges - all the above might make it quite a fun day!

Si

I would say that the challenge events are slightly different, because of the involvement with AWDC and many other good people.

I do not believe it would be right to penalise them because of a sponsor.

I would still quite like to take part in one of their challenges - all the above might make it quite a fun day!

Si

Gone on simon, i'd love to see Colon's face :lol:

In fact, taking part in the events with stickers/t-shirt all over the place would mean that

the mags would probably not be printing many pics in the event write up! :lol:

As everyone has already said, support the small innovative businesses like x-eng. Look how Ashcrofts

have grown for example - good products and good service always pays off in the end.

cheers,

Tom

here,here

That's one of the reasons I don't compete.

Having smashed the truck up is another good reason :rolleyes:

Actually, I have no problem competing as its NOT their series; its the AWDCs series with SR only offering some sponsership. Why should Neil suffer when he's done a fantastic job with the series. I have a HUGE ammount of respect for what you've done!!!!

However, I would not put the stickers on my vehicle; why should I support competitiors of companies who support me or display advertising for products I don't use???? If I can't win prizes because of that, Im not really that fussed. In the end I just enter to drive and have fun.

P.S. Jules, what happens if you win the event with a truck with no SR components on? What does that do for their publicity?