OT: The inevitable Top Gear thread

Guest diesel_jim

I think there was enough ambiguity in what was said on TG for it to be taken the wrong way either through misunderstanding or by those with an agenda against green laning.

Equally there was enough ambiguity in what was said that it may be the case the Guy Ritchie does actually enjoy green laning and winching as a joint venture, just as some might say they enjoy green laning and sight seeing.

Either way it was not a very good comment to be aired on national TV.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Exactly my sentiments, could not have put it better myself, the anti's will take whatever view they want from a statement, just think about our poor old MP's who have been so misunderstood these past 12 months, what with duck houses falling to pieces.............

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Exactly my sentiments, could not have put it better myself, the anti's will take whatever view they want from a statement, just think about our poor old MP's who have been so misunderstood these past 12 months, what with duck houses falling to pieces.............

It's not just the past 12 months....

Look at poor old 2 Jags Presscot that time....

Anyway politics has no place on a Landie forum.

SO any guesses on the next episode?

Its not something you watch if you want any real info, its become very much a comic , and is so contrived , and trying to be modern (in the worst sense of the word) .

The only real motoring part was the porche/ lambo comparison. It only got interesting for me when they decided that the third thing to hit was a brick wall, they obviously did not do their homework, and the shock on clarksons face , showed it. But is definately becoming more childish , shame as it was a really good show but another case of believing their own publicity. JMHO

I agree, you wouldn't watch top gear if you wanted accurate motoring information. It's a bit like the Wikipedia of motoring.For anyone who look at TG as anything but light entertainment the staged stunts are obvious (and cringeworthy) and IMO could only be believed by a fairly dumbed down audience.

Bill.

• 3 weeks later...