Excellent news!!

Les Henson

Well they got it back - dumped in some woods.

Here's an e-mail from them.

Les, Tony

I thought I ought to let you know that the West Brecon Cave Rescue Team Land

Rover ambulance was recovered yesterday. It was abandoned in forestry less

than 10 miles from our base and it appears to be in a good condition. We are

obviously very pleased with the news. However, any donations you have

managed to raise via your forums would still be gratefully received as we

will need to install a tracker, repair the damage to our stores, upgrade the

security (steel doors, monitored alarm etc) and replace other stolen

equipment.

If you could pass on this news to the forums and thanks your members for

their help that would be great.

Rhys Williams

Treasurer, West Brecon Cave Rescue Team

Hope everyone agrees that the money thus raised should still be donated ?

The forum fund is fine, and Tony has plenty of gin. :D

Les. :)

No problems from me Les.

They may have the 110 back but there is still equipment to replace and if our donations are going towards a tracker for the vehicle & alarm for the building then it's still worthwhile. :D

It's also nice to see different forums pulling together on something like this and a big thanks to Tony for taking care of the donations for us all. :D

Glad they got it back. Of course happy for donation to go to them.

Should advise them to get a mecklock from mudstuff rather than a tracker though..

http://www.mudstuff.co.uk/Meck_Lock.html

MeckLock3.jpg

Cheers

Steve

I rate these, :) Steve fitted one to the hybrid, Last time at 7S's i forgot to turn it off, got about 250 yards, and wonded why the brakes were sized solid, :huh: (auto, so it the rear brake line !!)

I'm really glad they got the vehicle back - am of course happy for the donation to go to them anyway.

Hopefully the extra security will mean it wont happen again.

How about they install some flame throwers on a trip wire to make it easier to spot the little scrotes if they try it again?! B)

As far as I'm concerned, I donated to the organisation, not to the "buy them a new landy" fund, so they can spend my bit as they deem fit, be it on equipment, building repairs or whatever.

Glue

Likewise, I'm happy!

Having done a little pot-holing (I was a bit thinner then :) ) I can see how dreadful an environment it would be to effect a rescue (and came close to finding out!) They deserve it!

Si

good to hear they got it back....

i'd advise them not to bother with a tracker, my 110 got stolen just after christmas, the £400 tracker was activated within the hour.... and it was never seen again. :(

the sucess of tracking devices relies on the police getting off their arses and going to retrieve the vehicle... hence why mine never came back.... :rolleyes::angry:

i use a disclok on my Disco... £100 well spent. personally i think physical defenses are the way to go. :)

the sucess of tracking devices relies on the police getting off their arses and going to retrieve the vehicle... hence why mine never came back.... :rolleyes::angry:

This is the big flaw in the Tracker system they don't tell you about when hanging over your cash. Similar thing happened to a chap I know. Saw his 90 being stolen off his driveway. Rings Police up immediately. Tells them which way car is heading and it's got a tracker fitted. Police response was 'sorry sir, we only have one tracker equipped car and it's nowhere near you' Tough S**t. Contrary to what you might think, not every police car in the land is fitted with Tracker.

Another problem is Tracker installers installers tend to fit the little back box in one of a handful of the same locations dependent on the car. If it's a 3-Series BMW - it's goes in X or Y location. Range Rover- A or B -location. etc etc. Do you think the theives don't know this...?

With a Defender you've no chance. Know one guy who had to sent a mobile tracker installer away when the best location they could come up was in the cubby box or the battery box! He ended up fitting a Meck Lock. :rolleyes:

Kev

they also don't tell you that the tracker signal can be blocked by tall buildings and even thick tree cover.

it can only be detected from about 6 miles away, so unless a tracker equipped plod car happens to pass by, or a helicopter flys over, and they can bothered then you've got no chance.

this information came from one of my best mates who is a copper in london, reckons when they're in a tracker equipped cop car they're always going off, but often they've not got time to investigate.

i had images of helicopters and fast persuit vehicles chasing my stolen car down the A2 when i knew it had a tracker, but in reality its not like that...

to quote a nice lady from bexleyheath nick 'we're busy but if we happen accross it, we'll be in touch'

Bloomin good news about the defender... They can keep my donation! :D

We looked at having a tracker fitted to the scoob and the Camel, but were advised against it on the basis that we live in Southampton, and by the time the tracker is activated, the car would be in a container waiting to be loaded on a ship. Apparently tracker signals can't get out of containers :unsure:

Seems to me that Trackers are a big waste of money :ph34r: , something visual has got to be the way to go. Or something home made... had a hidden switch on my Rangie that cut the power to the fuel pump, simple, but effective. B)

Dan :)

Bloomin good news about the defender... They can keep my donation! :D

We looked at having a tracker fitted to the scoob and the Camel, but were advised against it on the basis that we live in Southampton, and by the time the tracker is activated, the car would be in a container waiting to be loaded on a ship. Apparently tracker signals can't get out of containers :unsure:

Seems to me that Trackers are a big waste of money :ph34r: , something visual has got to be the way to go. Or something home made... had a hidden switch on my Rangie that cut the power to the fuel pump, simple, but effective. B)

Dan :)

Gets my vote.

This is a very good idea, as trackers sound useless given the current reduced cop population and or enthusiasm...

by the way is the collection still open? And what payment methods if don’t use PayPal? If it is please send me a PM

Gets my vote.

This is a very good idea, as trackers sound useless given the current reduced cop population and or enthusiasm...

by the way is the collection still open? And what payment methods if don’t use PayPal? If it is please send me a PM

The Donation link is still Here

it's easy & quick. or PM white90 for other instructions.

GPS/GSM tracker and go get it yourself.

I am given to understand that, even if you can tell the police where the car is with a system like this, they often do not have the resourses to persue it. Of course, if you were to give the police the impression that you were heading down there with murder in mind and your shotgun/length of 4x2 with 6" nails driven through it they would soon get over their resourses issue and meet (probably beat) you there.

Chris

I am given to understand that, even if you can tell the police where the car is with a system like this, they often do not have the resourses to persue it. Of course, if you were to give the police the impression that you were heading down there with murder in mind and your shotgun/length of 4x2 with 6" nails driven through it they would soon get over their resourses issue and meet (probably beat) you there.

Chris

Being in the building industry you get to hear some stories form some doggy characters.

A big local Demo firm owner had is Pit-bull dog stolen by some traveler's

through various contacts he tracked down his beloved dog to a travelers camp and walked into the camp with claw hammer in hand.

he calmly collected the dog and said to the traviler that had the dog.

"Hand or Face"

the Traveler duly put his hand on the table.

The travelers didn't touch him (but I don't know how many of his lads he had with him)

What this story is saying is you need to be a seriously mega hard bar**** to have the bottle to do that to scum like travilers that but its the only thing they understand.

And they know the Law inside and out