The Grave yard

Bos

If I was you I'd tell her to get over it, But that could explain why the Mrs just left me! :D

:D :D Is that the reason you are using now :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Well seems to be catching as mine is making sounds in that direction too! Seems our trip a few weeks ago wa the last straw.......

Why can't women see cold, wet and muddy as fun? Strange creatures ;)

You can't win young John, she's psycologically torturing you because she finds it fun, like most women!

Women are the root of all evil !

Mo

...And it was a woman who ate the apple in the garden of eden even though she was told not to ;)

:hysterical:

Superb.

I think you should take no notice of the Scare Mongerers above, she obvioulsy enjoyed it, and worships you. You are now close to having her feed out of your hand.

next is the

"Take that Propshaft off"....Help me clean these Old EP90 soaked parts" and "Load my grease gun",

........women always enjoy these LR based activities, then say and I have a special suprise foer you.....

Finish this with a suggestion of a return to this ford again, and suggest that she sit in and video from the inside.

Silence is just her way of saying "I Love you, I'd love too ", so don't fight it

Nige :blush:

Well I like her, she has a sarcastic tone in her voice..........BTW your dumped!!

Now go and make up by promising lunch and you drive straight to the pub........then buy her lots of drink, THEN drive through lots of water, she will be too brunk to care!!

Can I take her out to dinner?

Yeah it was the freezing cold water jetting up the small of my back I didnt like!!! Then he got stuck and I opened the door to be showered with freezing cold water by the side mounted exhaust that was now underwater and doing its best impression of an ornamental fountain..........

I'm surprised there werent goldfish in that lake to be honest........

Not sure whats worse though - if they are not into it you're dammed, if they are you're skint... :huh:

Jen dont be using that "C" word - makes me nervous :)

lol! ...funny, has the same effect on Dan.

You wouldn't have it any other way, just think of the hell *you'd* get if she didn't like off roading! (although I think the naked Finnish men may have been an added incentive .... :lol: )

she doesnt stop with Finnish guys........ theres the Russians as well, then there was the car load of Italians she blagged a 200km lift out of... the Hungarians, Polish, Estonians... god help them.. :lol:

Mmm.... I really must have another chat with her when I see her again! :D:ph34r:

In all seriousness, the sarcasm in her voice is real, she thought it was quite entertaining (although bloody cold!)

I think she's cleverer than me though - she enjoyed it and didn't badger me about dinner - indeed, we did visit some pubs on the way home, one was closed and one she declared 'too expensive' (we weren't really dressed for anywhere that serves venison at £20 a head). The dear girl suggested Pizza Hut instead, and I thought she was so great that I took her out that evening for an Italian instead.

See? She got what she wanted, without nagging, and I still think she's marvellous. How does she do it?

• 3 weeks later...

Same thing just one british and one aussie :)

How do you get the recording off of it . Can you connect a pc to it and down load them. Or is it best to get a dvd recoreder and record them. On to DVD. Can you do this

But anyway. Have they started in the Uk where you can work out what you want to record and set and can do it all on line from work. You press record and it send it form the web site to you sky plus and all done from your pc at work, or when you are on Holiday. .Been doing it at work today so for the next couple of week the sky plus is set , and getting paid for it Cool :D:D

Do you really need to record anything? I have Foxtell and the number of times every program is repeated over a 1 month period is such that if you miss something you wanted to see, you can more than likely catch it again another day or even later that same day. I believe the whole programming menu is changed once a month. I'm thinking of cancelling because I think they only have 3 menus. The same programs are on now that were being shown just before I went away on holidays in early November.

Bill.

You could connect it to a PC.

You would need a capture card in your PC which takes the audio and probably S-VHS connections from the Sky+ box.

Whatever is playing on the Sky+ box could then be captured by the PC and written out and possibly even editted into a AVI/MPEG etc.

However that is a hobby unto itself, and very time consuming for archiving of programs IMHO

As I said in the other thread - a DVD recorder is what you need. I scored a Samsung DVDR128 for £90 delivered.

Connect it up to the SCART socket on the Sky+ and press record - easy. Whatever is playing on the screen is recorded to DVD.

You can record in 1,2,4,6 or even 8 hrs to a regular DVD-R with some quality comprimises at the longer recording length.

They can be a bit sensitive to media, but mine works fine on regular TDK-R x16 - 100 for about £20 ISTR

The only PITA is it ties up the SKY+, and in my case the television, and therefore the lounge, so you can end inflicting loads of motorsport on your "handbrake" ;)

IIRC Sky+ records in MPEG2 format direct to the hard drive, and it is possible to fit it with a network card (it is a computer after all) and then copy off the content from the hard drive.

However, I think there are legal implications with this, which is why it is not provided easily.

Edit: Nope, im wrong. Was thinking of Tivo.