NEW Range Rover!

L19MUD

It's not a bad looking car, but getting a bit bland and if you squint a bit and blur your eyes it could be a big Audi or something. All driven by wind noise and running people over safely I suppose.

About the only thing it shares in common with the original is the black rear quarter pillars. I'm sure like the other models in recent years, it'll be spectacularly good on the road, very clever in lots of new ways that others will follow, hugely popular and awesomely unreliable...

I had a letter from land rover inviting me to take part in a special promotion on the range rover

It was a finance offer

I can't remember the exact numbers but it was something like 10k deposit, £900 a month for 3 years then an option to purchase for 35k

Even if I could afford it I'd sooner stick pins in my eyes rather than pay £900 a month for a car I'd still owe 35k on in 3 years

Technically, the reported significant weight reduction of 420kg is to be welcomed.

Once the richest people have paid for the start-up costs, and the manufacturer has gained the mass production expertise of using the technology, we should hope that the technology will filter down to lesser vehicles, from which more of us can benefit.

Shortly before its 4th birthday I was able to afford a bottom of the range 38A, bought from a private sale, although I kept the saving as a personal warranty fund. Happily, I didn't need it.

I wonder if I will be able to afford (or be able to justify, even to only myself) a 3 year 9 month old 2013 Range Rover?

I'll have to put a note in my Calendar for September 2017 :-)

Regards.

I had a good look around one of these at the weekend. My biggest disappointment was that loyalty that LR have to the side vents has made them put vent like creases in the doors which have no purpose at all. Apart from that I love it. There have been lots of negative posts out there complaining it looks like a ford but to me it looks all Range Rover.

You mean these rear lights?

post-13446-0-46273100-1345636388_thumb.jpg

As I spotted in Haverfordwest yesterday on my way back from seeing the other half. Looked good though you could tell that it was longer than a normal Range Rover and sitting lower when you noticed it was there as it didnt actually look as obvious as its size would suggest.

While I quite like the side view, the rear is ugly and the front, IMHO, has more P38 design cues than L322 - and unfortunately the P38 was not the most pretty of vehicles.

I'm sure it will sell very well, but I don't think it will become a design classic in the same way as a RRC or RRS. I'm undecided about the L322 - it has some nice design features, but maybe not enough to be viewed as a Classic in the future.

Si