Richard Hammond

white90

After a 280mph car crash whilst filming for the show.

Top Gear presenter hurt in crash

The presenter was reportedly testing a jet-powered car

Top Gear presenter Richard Hammond is in a critical condition in hospital after a crash in a jet-powered car while filming for the programme.

The presenter, 36, was taken by air ambulance to a Leeds hospital which has a special neurological unit.

A North Yorkshire Ambulance Service spokesman said he was

unconscious when they got to the scene but was regaining consciousness at the hospital.

A BBC spokesman confirmed the presenter had been injured during a shoot.

280mph are you serious?

Hope he recovers ... one of the few TV presenters (apart from the other two on there) who I look forward to seeing on TV as a refreshing break from all the PC cr*p that infests life these days :)

According to the BBC he was driving a jet powered car which crashed.

No updates since the story went live though - just hope he gets better.... :(

Matt

I was shocked when I heard this earlier this evening. He always seems like a really nice chap, he's a superb presenter and a big Land Rover fan. I know they get up to a lot of risky stunts but you always hope nothing like this'll ever happen. My thoughts go out to him and his family; hope you make a full, and speedy, recovery.

Reported as in a stable condition this morning.... Hopefully they got it right and we'll see him make a recovery.

Last nights reports suggesting serious head injuries because of the hospital chosen (not the nearest etc.) so we will have to wait and hope he makes a full recovery...

Neil

Hmm, trying to think of a logical argument here... but can't get "F*** Off!" out of my head. :huh:

Ok, here goes...

Richard Hammond seems a nice fella, he's one of the more entertaining characters on the telly and is a genuine Landy fan... so he's someone I can identify with.

And, because I'm a decent human being I can offer my sympathies to his wife and children during this difficult time, send them my best wishes and hope that Richard makes makes a speedy and complete recovery.

Tosser. :angry:

Well said that man!

The news tonight sounds rather mixed; I don't like the sound of the statement that was released saying they were hoping for a "good recovery". Good doesn't sound like a total recovery, more like good in the circumstances. I just hope I'm wrong :(

In case anyone is in any doubt about Hammond's LR enthusiast credentials, a couple of my LRW colleagues bumped into him mooching around at the LRW Eastnor show this year. He wasn't an offical guest of anyone, he'd paid good money for his ticket on the door and parked in the car-park like everyone else. When someone asked if he'd be up for doing a brief stint in the central area he graciously declined explaining he was just there for the day out with his missus.

Sky news seems to have regular updates

seems he was responding to Jermey Clarkson talking to him

apparently

said " your only in here because you are such a carp driver"

this brought a reaction form the patient.

from the pictorial footage

the car turned over and ploughed through the field

the roll cage was intact until the Fire brigade cut it off to release the driver.

I'm guessing the ploughing is was caused the head injury rather than head to cage contact.