At last the are doing something about the imports into usa/canada

V8CAMEL

A shame as dating it by some of its bits it can't have been that far from being 25yrs old... again people trying to make a quick "buck" there are increasingly more older 90's and 110's that just need restoring which would be legally eligible.

Having said that its got what looks like a non Salisbury rear axle and its certainly not got a Td5 engine... I think there's maybe a little more changed than just the VIN...

Well I clocked a hinged windscreen, and I'm sure I caught the thermostat housing of a 200tdi in the video, then the air intake is also on the left hand wing, early (ish) square door hinges....

Just watched the video again, check out where they'd put the bonnet prop... I'm surprised it didn't fall down and take his head off!

If you watch the video you can make out the reg - B507WRN, a 1985 black 110 :)

Also on the video, the customs 'expert' shakes his head, satisfied that the 110 is incorrect as there's no battery fitted in the engine bay :rolleyes:

Seems to have missed most clues and problems, such as wrong axle, late steering wheel, wrong seats, wrong front wing, later brake master cylinder, oh no, I'm an anorak! :(

Where they fail is they are not as per the VIN , to enter into USA a 25 year old vehicle must be as original spec by the VIN , so if its an 84 V8 CSW thats what has to arrive , not a TD engine unless the vin says so . Likewise other things like drum brake rear axle . It was getting a bit silly with people basically putting a TD truck cab vin plate on a TD5 station wagon and sending that . The US customs and DOT have been even in contact with land rover to get OE vehicle details for specific vins . It was a very profitable enterprise but due to going further and further its really aggravated the powers that be .

A bit like what is happening here with esp tax exempt vehicles with td5 and coil chassis etc .

• 1 month later...