x100 (!?!) Defender 90s for sale?

Now normally we would bin offhand posts like these from brand new posters like this but just this once I'm going to approve this one so members can appreciate the incredible subtlety at work here.

On the face of it we have an enthusiastic post from a newbie which invites us to follow a link which leads to a company website by the name of Retrade Surplus Management who appear to be based in Finland, lo and behold the particular page the link send us to shows us loads of Defenders for sale! The very same post asks how are 'they' [ie Retrade] going to 'move these'?

Curious to know a bit more about our new member? Well, conveniently they have supplied their contact email dh@retrade.no. Would you believe it, it appears to actually contain the same company name as the people selling all those Defenders. Gosh well I never, who would have thought it.

Customer:

Morning,

Waitress:

Morning.

Customer:

What have you got?

Waitress:

Well, there's egg and bacon,

egg sausage and bacon

Egg and spam

Egg, bacon and spam

Egg, bacon, sausage and spam

Spam, bacon, sausage and spam

Spam, egg, spam, spam, bacon and spam

Spam, sausage, spam, spam, spam, bacon, spam tomato and spam

Spam, spam, spam, egg and spam

Spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, baked beans, spam, spam, spam and spam.

(Choir: Spam! Spam! Spam! Spam! Lovely Spam! Lovely Spam!)

Or Lobster Thermidor aux crevettes with a mornay sauce

served in a provencale manner with shallots and aubergines

garnished with truffle pate, brandy and a fried egg on top and spam.

Wife:

Have you got anything without spam?

Waitress:

Well, the spam, eggs, sausage and spam

That's not got much spam in it

Wife:

I don't want any spam!

Customer:

Why can't she have eggs, bacon, spam and sausage?

Wife:

That's got spam in it!

Customer:

Hasn't got much spam in it as spam, eggs, sausage and spam has it?

(Choir: Spam! Spam! Spam!...)

Wife:

Could you do me eggs, bacon, spam and sausage without the spam, then?

Waitress:

Iiiiiiiiiiiich!!

Wife:

What do you mean 'Iiiiiiiiiich'? I don't like spam!

(Choir: Lovely spam! Wonderful spam!)

Waitress (to choir):

Shut up!

(Choir: Lovely spam! Wonderful spam!)

Waitress:

Shut Up! Bloody Vikings!

You can't have egg, bacon, spam and sausage without the spam.

Wife:

I don't like spam!

Customer:

Shush dear, don't have a fuss. I'll have your spam. I love it,

I'm having spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, baked beans,

spam, spam, spam, and spam!

(Choir: Spam! Spam! Spam! Spam! Lovely spam! Wonderful spam!)

Waitress:

Shut Up!! Baked beans are off.

Customer:

Well, could I have her spam instead of the baked beans then?

Waitress:

You mean spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam,

spam and spam?

Choir (intervening):

Spam! Spam! Spam! Spam!

Lovely spam! Wonderful spam!

Spam spa-a-a-a-a-am spam spa-a-a-a-a-am spam.

Lovely spam! Lovely spam! Lovely spam! Lovely spam!

Spam spam spam spam!

:rofl:

Now normally we would bin offhand posts like these from brand new posters like this but just this once I'm going to approve this one so members can appreciate the incredible subtlety at work here.

On the face of it we have an enthusiastic post from a newbie which invites us to follow a link which leads to a company website by the name of Retrade Surplus Management who appear to be based in Finland, lo and behold the particular page the link send us to shows us loads of Defenders for sale! The very same post asks how are 'they' [ie Retrade] going to 'move these'?

Curious to know a bit more about our new member? Well, conveniently they have supplied their contact email dh@retrade.no. Would you believe it, it appears to actually contain the same company name as the people selling all those Defenders. Gosh well I never, who would have thought it.

Lol, classic. You got to give him 10/10 for effort. I applauded his subtle ness :)

Lewis ----- I didn't know that there were 2.0mpi t-series defenders in existence

Italian Carabineri took a lot of 20mpi defenders a few years ago, they've replaced them with late 300tdi versions, wonder if these are un issued vehicles.

one on this set of pics on page 31

https://ics-documents.s3.amazonaws.com/attachmentsv1/dc5768ba/1427/4cc1/a6d9/01e019dca48c/609/Skandinavisk_Service_Partner_Dokumentation_Land_Rover_Defender_90_outside.pdf

has CARABINIERI showing on top of front screen can't see how they will sell at the price

600,000.00 EUR = 494,718.05 GBP

Italian Carabineri took a lot of 20mpi defenders a few years ago, they've replaced them with late 300tdi versions, wonder if these are un issued vehicles.

From the paperwork they all have between 200,000km and 300,000km on the clock (a couple said n.d whatever that means) so by no means knackered but certainly not un-issued

Don't forget that 57 of those 100 are petrol engined so will probably have less appeal.

I don't see them as a good deal at all by our standards ..... however aren't Defenders a lot more expensive in Europe? If so then maybe they are a bargain to a mainland Europe buyer?