Rattler and son 1971 S11a swb Restoration

Cornish Rattler

On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 10:29 AM, Snagger said:

Very smart.

Are you using another centre tray the right way up under the inverted one? They’re useful storage places.

Oh yes as both together gives me more space, ok no good for loose tools but ideal for stuff in cases or small boxes :)

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 7:37 AM, jordan_meakin said:

Seats look great. Where did you get those covers from?

Off ebay they are britpart 1 kit per seat does either front outer seat @ £75 each but I like them and was pretty easy to do but you will need a decent staple gun mainly for the headrest covers :D

2 hours ago, Cornish Rattler said:

Oh yes as both together gives me more space, ok no good for loose tools but ideal for stuff in cases or small boxes :)

Good idea.  You’re going to need a rubber strip or buffers between the two to stop the rattles, though! 🤫

10 hours ago, Snagger said:

Good idea.  You’re going to need a rubber strip or buffers between the two to stop the rattles, though! 🤫

Yeah i was going to buy some of that spongey stuff you stick to house external door frames to stop drafts but i forgot to get some but will do for when the top tray gets painted :)

• 2 weeks later...

Its alive :D yes today we eventually got the engine running after trying to start it with a faulty new ignition switch, ended up using the old ignition switch for now but our celebrations was short lived as we later discovered that the new rear crank oil seal was leaking so we will have to do that, but for now we will sort the lights and a few other things out then I will yank the engine out again and replace it :(

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Splash out on a Corteco branded seal and double check the journal it runs on isn't pitted or grooved. Sometimes it can pay to install it either slightly deeper or shallower to get the lip riding off the 'groove' if there is one. 

Great to hear its alive despite the setback.