Britpart .... Name and Shame

rejo

Who is the importer of Safari products? Under UK law the UK importer carries responsibility for the product, not the overseas manufacturer. It should be remembered though Rejo, your contract of supply is with the people who sold you the product, not the manufacturer, importer etc..

I too look forward to seeing pictures of the offending item - and, if possible, of a correctly fitting Safari snorkel.

Chris

Ok I see your problem . You have fitted the snorkel and had the very difficult job which was took hours and was time consuming to hold a pipe back with a few cable ties.

This of course means the snorkel is useless and the car can no longer be used . So you should throw you toys out of the pram, and get a new D3 out of Britpart :lol::lol::lol:

Christ mate Grow up.

Put the pics on here so we can see just how ridiculuos you are being and see that all our snorkels are the same . Go on i dare you :)

I have had 4 safari snorkels on 2 Discos and 2 defenders and yeah i have had to tidy up the engine bay by keep pipes out of the way, But i would never say that was the not product for my car

Would not like you to fit a set of rock sliders from Southdown or other companies as most of the ones i have bought never line up and you have to re drill them.

Sorry but I have nothing to do with britpart but have worked in Retail and around it all my life and get pi**ed off with people winging about petty things, so feel sorry for Britpart . Because as i can see form where i am Britpart are on a losing wicket as what ever they say you will not be happy, and keep posting on here throwing your toys out of pram.

Also can't believe the mods have kept this thread going with out proof of the problem . .

I'm not into mud slinging :mellow: but

My D2 has a safari snorkel and its quality and fit to the car is very good and I fitted it in about an hour or so and I was very impressed all round I' m little shocked you have had trouble.

I'm happy to slate a product just as much as I am to praise a product.

I'm not into mud slinging :mellow: but

My D2 has a safari snorkel and its quality and fit to the car is very good and I fitted it in about an hour or so and I was very impressed all round I' m little shocked you have had trouble.

I'm happy to slate a product just as much as I am to praise a product.

Never mind the fact you landed your 90 on you last defender safari snorkle .Did not break it or damage it And then sold it on :lol::lol::lol:

Web_IMG_1673.jpg

You want to see a sample of Britpart "quality"?

Have a look at these pictures:

dsc00617zk6.th.jpg dsc00618jo8.th.jpg dsc00619la4.th.jpg dsc00621cc7.th.jpg

This is a new crankshaft sprocket, part# LHH100660 for the 300tdi.

But we are not talking about Britpart Quality

We are talking about Safari snorkles which are on almost every other car down here in Aus , and does not matter if you bought it from Devon 4x4, frogs island, Scrapiron, or anyone it would be the same product from the same manufactured place

I am talking about what this thread is named: "Britpart .... Name and Shame, Or should they be called something else ...".

It doesn't matter if it's about snorkels, sprockets or the air in the tyres if they're supplied by Britpart.

What would you like me to do? Open 100 threads that have "Britpart" in subject's name?

By the way, no need to quote the message above (or even one on the same page actually) You can use the AddReply or FastReply buttons (or delete the quoted message if using "Reply with quote" button).

Interesting reading this....

FWIW I have dealt with Paul Myers on several occasions and found his and Britpart's responsiveness to be considerably better than most companies you could care to name in the Land Rover business. With a lot of companies you have got stuff all chance of getting a sensible response from one of the monkeys in their call centre never mind the boss.

As for the matter of cheap "own brand" parts - as somebody said you get what you pay for and I believe Britpart like Bearmach will supply OEM brand name stuff if that is what people want and the prices on that are still pretty damn good in my experience.

I've also had 2 Safari snorkels on 2 different vehicles and had no problems with either of them.

Guest diesel_jim
This thread now seems pointless and going nowhere slowly, degenerating into point scoring et al.

John

LOL!! thinking back to an old eposide of Blackadder....

"Life without you is like a broken pencil....."

"Pointless". :D:D

Is that right that some of you find it OK to sling mud at people when they feel they have bought something that does not live up to expectations, and even a threat of a ban for voicing such feelings.

I am just after some clarification.

Regardless of the product or supplier, there are other suppliers/manufactureres that get a regular slating on this forum, why should Britpart be any different. Be it positive or negative......

BogMonster, I generaly agree with you, you get you pay for. I always try to find and get OEM or genuine parts if they're critical.

But look what I paid and what I got from Britpart (in the original Britpart package deliverd by one of their resellers, unopend and not checked against my order):

- I ordered and was charged for 4 pcs 123456G and I was delivered 4 pcs 123456 (non G) that were cheaper

- I ordered and was charged for a XXXXXXGY (genuine Y kit) and I got only on item of the kit (at least it was genuine) - of course, it costs less

It took 3 emails (nobody replied) to the reseller, 3 phone calls (long distance) and 2 weeks for the reseller to acknowledge the issues. As the reseller said (on the phone), Britpart billed him with the items I ordered and not the items that were delivered. Obviously, I don't have a proof of that, I take the reseller word for it.

It took another 2 (not replied) e-mails to the reseller, 4 phone calls and another 2 weeks to settle the whole matter (I ordered another part that covered the difference) but my guess is it's not Britparts fault.

I cannot buy parts from Britpart directly. I need to go through their authorized reseller network. So, unfortunately for them, I have to put the supplier and the reseller in the same bucket. Much something like LR and LR authorized dealers. It's not me the one who tells Britpart which retailers or resellers to choose and it's not me the one who tells a retailer/shop what supplier to have or not.

In the case of the crank shaft sprocket, getting the genuine is not an option, unfortunately. Also, there's no difference in price between suppliers or maybe a quid or two.

And it's not a case like with a water pump, it looks good but it will brake in 6 months. It doesn't even look good :)

BogMonster, what would you do if this would have happened to you, I mean getting such a part (part# wrong or a defective part) delivered half way round the globe? I think nothing more than playing some basketball with it and the garbage can 'cause it doesn't worth sending it back and forth on your expense.

I'm not after blaming Britpart or after getting my money back. I'm after sharing my experiences with Britpart and one of their resselers (I'll tell the whole story and which reseller is that in a different thread if there will be one)

If this is acceptable or not, if this will raise a question or not, it's up to the readers. Also, I am not saying I won't ever buy parts supplied by Britpart (at least not yet).

Sorry for the long and "pictureless" post.

BogMonster, I generaly agree with you, you get you pay for. I always try to find and get OEM or genuine parts if they're critical.

But look what I paid and what I got from Britpart (in the original Britpart package deliverd by one of their resellers, unopend and not checked against my order):

- I ordered and was charged for 4 pcs 123456G and I was delivered 4 pcs 123456 (non G) that were cheaper

- I ordered and was charged for a XXXXXXGY (genuine Y kit) and I got only on item of the kit (at least it was genuine) - of course, it costs less

It took 3 emails (nobody replied) to the reseller, 3 phone calls (long distance) and 2 weeks for the reseller to acknowledge the issues. As the reseller said (on the phone), Britpart billed him with the items I ordered and not the items that were delivered. Obviously, I don't have a proof of that, I take the reseller word for it.

It took another 2 (not replied) e-mails to the reseller, 4 phone calls and another 2 weeks to settle the whole matter (I ordered another part that covered the difference) but my guess is it's not Britparts fault.

I cannot buy parts from Britpart directly. I need to go through their authorized reseller network. So, unfortunately for them, I have to put the supplier and the reseller in the same bucket. Much something like LR and LR authorized dealers. It's not me the one who tells Britpart which retailers or resellers to choose and it's not me the one who tells a retailer/shop what supplier to have or not.

In the case of the crank shaft sprocket, getting the genuine is not an option, unfortunately. Also, there's no difference in price between suppliers or maybe a quid or two.

And it's not a case like with a water pump, it looks good but it will brake in 6 months. It doesn't even look good :)

BogMonster, what would you do if this would have happened to you, I mean getting such a part (part# wrong or a defective part) delivered half way round the globe? I think nothing more than playing some basketball with it and the garbage can 'cause it doesn't worth sending it back and forth on your expense.

I'm not after blaming Britpart or after getting my money back. I'm after sharing my experiences with Britpart and one of their resselers (I'll tell the whole story and which reseller is that in a different thread if there will be one)

If this is acceptable or not, if this will raise a question or not, it's up to the readers. Also, I am not saying I won't ever buy parts supplied by Britpart (at least not yet).

Sorry for the long and "pictureless" post.

so your complaint is not with britpart but the reseller who sent you the incorrect parts. Britpart do not send direct to you unless requested to by the reseller and it is the reseller who specifies what they send.