Projects for 2024

12 minutes ago, Stellaghost said:

Very nice... Hope there are no issues with planning and you get your dream built

regards Stephen

I have planning of the site for 10 houses so the principle of houses is established however the design for the 10 houses was a nightmare because it was close to a conservation area. I may have difficulty but you don't know until you try.

Just now, Simon_CSK said:

I have planning of the site for 10 houses so the principle of houses is established however the design for the 10 houses was a nightmare because it was close to a conservation area. I may have difficulty but you don't know until you try.

Fingers crossed

Regards Stephen

• Like 2

Re-chassis Farm 90 and any other bits required to make it a reliable workhorse. Deadline July 2023 as that is when the Discovery MOT is due and its not likely to be worth putting through again. 

Reskin and paint the doors for my 90 which have been sat in the garage for 2 years.

Sort a few jobs on the V8 Series and put it up for sale. 

Fit Diesel heater to my office. 

Finish workshop (roller shutter, water and electrics)

Bit more fencing in the field

Make a start on studio conversion/kitchen bathroom fitting if funds and time allow (highly unlikely this year)

I think that will do, will have to start another thread for events and trip for 2024 

7 minutes ago, Jon W said:

Re-chassis Farm 90 and any other bits required to make it a reliable workhorse. Deadline July 2023 as that is when the Discovery MOT is due and its not likely to be worth putting through again. 

Reskin and paint the doors for my 90 which have been sat in the garage for 2 years.

Sort a few jobs on the V8 Series and put it up for sale. 

Fit Diesel heater to my office. 

Finish workshop (roller shutter, water and electrics)

Bit more fencing in the field

Make a start on studio conversion/kitchen bathroom fitting if funds and time allow (highly unlikely this year)

I think that will do, will have to start another thread for events and trip for 2024 

V8 series? What is this you make me rise to?

3 hours ago, Stellaghost said:

Just the usual pottering on........

Regards Stephen

You mean 1UZ before Summer Sisters? ;)

I have a list as long as my arm, and only half will get done, but priorities are something like:

• Finish LGT bonnet 
  • Shave LGT headlamp buckets (don't ask! Will post in my thread at some point)
  • Almost 6x6m garage attached to house, so less need to go to parents to do things, easier to tinker in the evening.
  • Front winch on LGT (means chopping chassis about)
  • Ali fuel tank and in-tank EFI pump
  • Ali air box
  • Ali crankcase breather/catch can
  • Plus the usual pottering on.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Loads for me to be getting on with in 2024, the 110 will probably carry on being ignored for the most part. I've got a GKN Overdrive to breath some life into and then fit, and I have been given a diesel heater so I'm going to build a compartment into the 2nd row floor for it to be fitted into. I've got a Variable Geometry Turbo to have a tinker with as time allows. Timing belts over due as well, perhaps it won't be getting ignored come to think of it.

Outside of land rovers, I'll continue to grow my business, hopefully purchase a vertical machine centre in the near future for that.

Then there's the relocation of Avro Shackleton WR963 I'm waist deep in..

My 5 inch gauge 9F build.

The pair of Gauge 1 9F builds I'm doing for a friend.

And then there's the house, kids, dogs etc.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, MECCANO said:

Let me be the first to say the 9f builds require a thread!

All being well, this is the 5 inch build:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10202100266440586&type=3

And this is the gauge 1 builds:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10225021070406360&type=3

Feel free to add me to your friends list if you want to follow progress.

On 1/1/2024 at 11:58 AM, Simon_CSK said:

Just wondering what projects people or starting and finishing in the coming year.

I am working to get a 2009 3.6TDV8 Sport back on the road by changing the turbos. Getting the sub frame and diff changed on my TDV8 L322 although I am subbing out that project to get it on the road quickly. 

My main project however is a new house and garage. As an Architect it has always been a dream to design and build my own house and as a LR nut it has to have a large garage. I already have the land and got the sign off for the design two weeks ago from the boss (Mrs. A.)

The house has been designed over a 6 car garage capable for all Range Rovers. And a huge car port to park the cars that are for driving.

Basement.jpg

Front Perspective.jpg

Looks cracking. I'm not an architect but love property and the wife and I aim to build our own home one day. Always on the lookout for nice plots of land that we may be able to get one day!  Problem is planning out our way is brutal unless you want to build 200 substandard homes at a time (persimmon 🤬). 

My project this year is that I'm inheriting a 1993 defender 110, 200tdi. Grew up mud plugging in this mirror but its now needing some TLC. So will be cracking on getting rid of some.stuff to make space and also getting it back on the road 😁

Outside of that, just cracking on at work hoping I may convince @Stellaghostthat not all engineers are lazy! 😂

Edited by Stinkfloyd

3 minutes ago, Stinkfloyd said:

Looks cracking. I'm not an architect but love property and the wife and I aim to build our own home one day. Always on the lookout for nice plots of land that we may be able to get one day!  Problem is planning out our way is brutal unless you want to build 200 substandard homes at a time (persimmon 🤬). 

My project this year is that I'm inheriting a 1993 defender 110, 200tdi. Grew up mud plugging in this mirror but its now needing some TLC. So will be cracking on getting rid of some.stuff to make space and also getting it back on the road 😁

Depends where in Scotland you want to live. I have land that I could part with for a house.