Forum meet in East of England??

SteveG

OK, let me know by posting here if your are interested in a forum meet in the next few months in the East of England.

The rough format is a two day event. One day of laning and One day at Bures site. I have spoken to Peter, petergg, who runs the Bures site and organises the Bures Play days and we can either join one of the planned play days: Nov 6th, Nov 20th, Dec 11th & 27th, Jan 15th etc or if we wait until New Year we can have a day where it is just forum people. I think this is right Peter? Jump in if not :) Cost of Bures day will depend on numbers but shouldn't exceed 25 pounds per vehicle. If it is not an existing Play day we can look at setting up some special stages/trials course or mini winch challenge for thoise that want to do this. Peter - what are your thoughts here?

People can either attend the one day, either one, or both.

The idea for the laning is to break people into groups of ideally 4, max 5 vehicles if necessary and provide road books. Road books will be simply GB OS grid ref of each lane with a suggested route, but groups will be free to do them in any order. The idea will be for people coming from south, dartford tunnel direction, North A1, North M1, or West M25 to get different road books.

I can provide space for camping and I can check with Peter if it's possible at the site and there are also plenty of reasonably priced local B&B's for those that don't fancy camping in winter. Camping will be there for Friday and Saturday.

So the main thing to know is are you interested. If which month is good? And finally would you prefer Bures to be forum only or one of the public days. If the former, and if possible, are special stages, mini winch challenge or trials course interesting??

Depending on the response we can work out some dates, agree them and determine whether laning will be Saturday or Sunday.

Cheers

Steve

OK, let me know by posting here if your are interested in a forum meet in the next few months in the East of England.

The rough format is a two day event. One day of laning and One day at Bures site. I have spoken to Peter, petergg, who runs the Bures site and organises the Bures Play days and we can either join one of the planned play days: Nov 6th, Nov 20th, Dec 11th & 27th, Jan 15th etc or if we wait until New Year we can have a day where it is just forum people. I think this is right Peter? Jump in if not :) Cost of Bures day will depend on numbers but shouldn't exceed 25 pounds per vehicle. If it is not an existing Play day we can look at setting up some special stages/trials course or mini winch challenge for thoise that want to do this. Peter - what are your thoughts here?

People can either attend the one day, either one, or both.

The idea for the laning is to break people into groups of ideally 4, max 5 vehicles if necessary and provide road books. Road books will be simply GB OS grid ref of each lane with a suggested route, but groups will be free to do them in any order. The idea will be for people coming from south, dartford tunnel direction, North A1, North M1, or West M25 to get different road books.

I can provide space for camping and I can check with Peter if it's possible at the site and there are also plenty of reasonably priced local B&B's for those that don't fancy camping in winter. Camping will be there for Friday and Saturday.

So the main thing to know is are you interested. If which month is good? And finally would you prefer Bures to be forum only or one of the public days. If the former, and if possible, are special stages, mini winch challenge or trials course interesting??

Depending on the response we can work out some dates, agree them and determine whether laning will be Saturday or Sunday.

Cheers

Steve

Im up for that cheers Chris

mmmm,, sounds interesting,,

Don't think headhunter will be in for the furthest travelled,, toss up between White90 or myself !! :huh:

same here, depending on date,,, myself would prefer a forum day to ourselves, and late Jan ish

I may even bring a new (to me) toy,, :ph34r::ph34r::)

Tim

Depending on the dates I would be interested

Coud be up for the longest journey as I will be travelling from Dubai. Plan to be in the UK for xmas, unfortunately without the Tombraider, but could look at hiring a 4x4 for the green lanes, be a change from the sand

Cheers

Jason

Ok,going by responses so far it's looking like late Jan would be good and event only day at Bures. I will ask Peter about then and also possibility of winch challange,special stages or trial course.

Fi, no it doesn't have to be forum only just using it to schedule it and get enough people along. I don't see any reason why it can't be open invite. May have to limit laning numbers though,so that we don't get too manyvehicles doing the same lanes in one day. I would like everyone to get a good selection of lanes as some people will be travelling a fair way.

Cheers

Steve

I'm interested - should have the Range Rover back in action by then :)

Fi, no it doesn't have to be forum only just using it to schedule it and get enough people along. I don't see any reason why it can't be open invite.

Might have got the wrong end of the stick (I'm sure Fi won't be slow to tell me if I have...), but I think she meant if we booked into one of the public play days then people who don't currently know of the forum would meet us and hopefully drop in here.

might be able to go, it depends if ive got the landy up and running and what the dates are and if my dad would take me up there, one more thing wat is the age limit for driving at the off road coruse, some places i go its 16

What places are those? What insurance conditions do they have (obviously not licensed and insured drivers only)? I've got a few friends dying to have a play with the Range Rover who are too young to insure on it (for what I'm prepared to pay, anyway).