Walking on your roof

After Bishbosh nearly had a haemorrhage today as I climbed up his windscreen as part of the three-part comedy that was fitting his cage, I have a question. How many others on here walk on their roof? I clamber all over mine, but little Matt :) suggested that might explain why my truck looks like it does.

I always avoided walking/standing on the roof of mine when it was a hardtop- I am sure it would not have supported my weight... yes I am not exactly lightweight before someone else says it!!! And now it is a Truck cab I am even less likely to do so- seen too many flattened ones to try it.

i placed a wheely bin on a roof and walked all over it with a mate, well, it was a mates 300tdi whilst we rapped it in silage rap and it was all fine, no issues,

there was nearly one when a friend nearly stood ont he sun roof but bar that is all good.

James

Why Defender owners only? Is this a new elietest forum :D

I used to walk on the roof of my Hybred to prune my front tree until I cracked the windscreen :(

I have also used the Series 1 Truck Cab to climb up to a bedroom window to break into my house late at night after forgetting my keys :rolleyes:

Marc.

I did it on the M25 in static traffic to see if I could see what was going on up ahead. Didn't seem to to any damage.

I climbed up the spare wheel though, I wouldn't want to climb over the windscreen, and I stayed on the flat part...rear of the front slope.

not done it on mine (currently stripped down) but have walked stood and put lots of weight stright on the wolf roofs (fiber glass) not realy caring where the cage supports are and never once had a problem even the soft top seem to take my weight where there are no supports but then im a 12st light weight

I do it all the time. Ok so mines a series, but its got a defender roof on it!!

I use it as a roof rack too - just chuck stuff on the roof and then ratchet strap it round the rollcage.

I've dented the bonnet by standing on it, but never the roof.

Jon

I have a theory:

It's a white roof thing

I've always climbed over the 90 with no thought to scratches or dents.

When I got the 110, I proceeded the same although a little more carefully (It has a sunroof).

My mate has a very shiny 90, only a few months newer than my 110. It has a colour coded roof. He would never ever walk on that.

Ohhhh. I have another theory:

It's a shiny thing :o