EBAY: death trap of the week

gibbon

It was actually a competent safari racer in it's day, it was sold quite recently by the original builder after it had been gathering dust for the last decade or so.

In the days before Fox shocks when everyone was running on standard LR shocks the car had a technical advantage. Competitors were also a lot less concerned with appearance than they are now, but the courses were much harder and bodywork damage was common.

I would love to turn up at my mates workshop for an M.O.T with that, think i would be asked to leave :ph34r:

I cannot spot any very obvious MOT failures from the pictures, have you been to see it then? What will it fail on? Did the engine sound OK?

I suppose there might be sharp edges on the rust patches...

Chris

I cannot spot any very obvious MOT failures from the pictures, have you been to see it then? What will it fail on? Did the engine sound OK?

I suppose there might be sharp edges on the rust patches...

Chris

I think the fact that you can see the grass through the holes in the footwell would be a start...

I think the fact that you can see the grass through the holes in the footwell would be a start...

Thats OBVIOUSLY a citreon designed feet cooling system!

TBH i that thing would shift, a little footwell welding and you cant go wrong! it looks like some serious fun!

HYDROLICK SUSSPENSION :P Give me strength :blink:so the bloke can,t spell,i remember this back in the day,it also competed succesfully in national championship gravel rallies,but it is easey for any one to take the tiddle.this was way ahead of its time when it first appeared,obviosly not "extreme"enough for you?

Some friends used to race against that, it used to go like stink!

Just because it doesn't look like it's raided a Bearmach/devon 4x4/britpart showroom doesn't mean its carp!

I also like it, it is different and a lot of thought obviously went into it once upon a time. OK it's tired, a a bit shabby but so are half the grid at Rallycross.

Anyway, back to being a bystander at the witch burning :) Carry on!

In addition to those who seem to know the car's previous prowess, by the 'Q' it seems to have been registered properly at some point, indicating that who ever built it did so properly.

I reckon that with a bit of a 'going through' that could be a serious weapon in todays speed challenge events. I'm tempted to bid and take it to TAT or Breslau :lol:

Just wanted to add, have you seen the sellers feed back rating :blink: obviously previous buyers haven't notice details like the missing foot well visible in the pics of this car that the seller hasn't mentioned...

hmmm i actually quite like that would say its a fun thing to drive

Looks like a bit of fun...

BUT, I think Mrs W. would kill me if I replaced the Boxster with it... :D

Now, a TR8 on a Range Rover chassis would be another matter (anyone remember the 'Strange Rover' that used to compete in AWDC safaris some 25+ years back?).

Cheers,

I am with HFH - anyone who puts forward a key feature as being that no-one could tell the police the make (apart from the huge stickers down the side??) is a very interesting seller indeed.

Apart from the very tired suspension, chronic rust, bad door fit and general shabbiness the car is worth the current £350, surely?