Found this on ebay

smokinv8

Well, the Series 1 107 was not the most attractive but is rare so the body may be worth the money for that alone?

It would probably look better with a full Series 1 hardtop.

It is listed as 1st registered in 1955 but is not tax exempt and has 3500cc so not fraudulent?

Marc.

1956 landrover series 1,107"based on 1980 rangerover.3.5 v8,4 speed box on v5.lwb with swb hardtop

I read that as having a 107" chassis, so tax exempt still applies. Still a right eyesore though, with all that tat on what is an increasingly rare L/R.

Could be fairly easily restored back to gen though by the looks of it.

Les.

Neil,

For someone who was saying "I need to get rid of some of my cars"... you must have been smokin' something when you saw this?

Scott

I never said I'd buy it, just quite like the Mad-Max look of it.

Looks like Im on my own so far though!!!

Hideous!

Although I think it's mostly a matter of proportions being all wrong. Maybe it looks better from another angle?

So, who wants a 1980 RRC with a different body dumped on it? Probably drives quite nicely for a S1 :lol:

Bit surprised it's registered as a Landy though, but maybe it was created long enough ago, before systems were so fussy.

I must admit I kinda like it as well. I understand the reactions about leaving a LWD S1 intact, but with the RRC running gear and the typical front, it still has some attraction. The rear however looks terrible, but that could easily be remedied... :ph34r:

I would say it all depends if you like the classic feel to driving a good original one. I use mine a fair bit, granted the gearbox does take a bit of getting used to after the Defender, but undertsanding how to drive it helps. Mine certainly has no problem keeping up with traffic.

I would rather have something that felt like a Series 1 than a RRC trying to be one

• 3 weeks later...

I sort of like it!!! ok I like it. iT NEEDS some attention but for £500 and possible historic value I'd be thinking outside the box. And the box on the rear end. :o

Very few old Land Rovers that havn,t had something non LR put on/in. ;)

Each to their own. ;)