The "Pass the Bucket" 4x4 For Sale on Ebay Thread

Hybrid_From_Hell

HAHAHA :hysterical: a monster truck with what looks like a 2 Inch exhausts poking out the side, doesn't exactly fit in... that's what happens when an L200 breeds with a D3...

This really do not get, how can you sell a "basically complete 90" and not include the VIN and registration?????

Dodgy is the understatement of the year!!!

Too good to be in this thread I think. See nothing wrong with it. Just missing winches and it's ready to go.

Can't go wrong with it at 1300

There is always the possibility that this vehicle is actually legit, or at least was put together before they really started to come down hard on this sort of thing and it might be a good purchase.

I certainly looks like the modification has been well done to me, and it looks rough enough to have been done a long time ago.

However long ago it was done, I don't believe it has enough 'points' to retain the identity of a tax exempt Series II, even by the old rules.

He openly states that is is based on a cut down 110 chassis, although the leaf spring mounts can be seen clearly in the picture, so he has to have got that bit wrong!

It uses the bulkhead from a IIA, and appears to have a series gearbox, so let's assume they're original

Front panels are series ones, but the rear tub looks like it's from a 110.

The axles are Range Rover or early Disco judging by the drive flanges - not original

Coil suspension - not original

Tdi engine - not original

PAS steering - not original

It's a surprisingly expensive bit of plastic even at other parts places ... although none quite as expensive as that seller :blink:

Out of the 23 sales they had in August only one was over £60's. Its interesting if not bizarre how and where folk get prices from, I mean some of his prices are more expensive than an LR dealer.

Perhaps those are the prices he sells the bits to the UK government to rebuild all the MOD Land Rovers...