The EBay Christ I fancy that 4x4 + its cheap thread

1 hour ago, Blanco said:

Prefer your take on it though Daan, that Peugeot engine would have to go! 

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/jeep-wrangler-diesel/28056548

Saw this over here and thought of yours earlier in the week....

I am guessing a CJ7 so in modern parlance all Jeeps are Wranglers now?

Just now, missingsid said:

I am guessing a CJ7 so in modern parlance all Jeeps are Wranglers now?

There is no telling over here, all 4x4's are 'Jeeps' , all utility Land Rovers are 'Defenders' whether leaf sprung or coils, you learn not to get hung up on the initial description! :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/11/2021 at 5:40 PM, Anderzander said:

You could do so much with something like this and it would be a fantastic project. It would sell at a premium i think with the increase in staycation/camping holidays etc

• Like 2

A Chinese seller with 30 feedback, and a delivery date up until end of August?

No thanks.

I make a point of not buying anything from China direct any more, the regime, carriage times, ethics of having something shipped from half way round the world in an individual packet has put me entirely off doing it.

At least if the business is UK based there's half a chance of people actually being paid and maybe even a smudge of employment law being kept to.

• Like 4

Seem to see quite a few newish sellers with relatively little feedback selling what is quite obviously mass sales stuff of various types, all looking very similar and often clearly the same stuff, with the same wording in the descriptions and appear to be the same person or business, they last for a while and then disappear, probable when the bad reviews and complaints start building up. Fully expect the same seller then reappears under a new names and start again constantly cycling through new accounts. Quite a few advertise as "UK Seller" but you look at the business name and its in China, they sell in the UK but then post an item from China, doesn't normally take long before bad feedback builds up. Its the sort of selling eBay should clamp down on but I expect there is quite a bit of money to be made, they take there cut regardless of what is being sold and how good or bad it is so I doubt they care provided they have done just enough to stay on the right side of the law themselves.

Had a few good purchases from china, mostly basic stuff, other stuff has been less reliable and a couple of bits were down right carp and in one case electrocuted me so no way that complied to safety standards. Any purchases are a bit of a gamble, you just don't know. The ethics of the region is a personal decision, but bear in mind a lot of the UK sellers and companies will be selling the same stuff just imported in bulk.  

• 8 months later...
9 hours ago, landroversforever said:

Interesting! Wonder if it’s built on a later LT35 base?

Land Rover Discovery hybrid, c/w FC wheelarches grafted in he said, it's a FB group called Landrover engine conversions, they let anyone in I think (Well they let me in anyway!)

• 1 month later...

I saw this a few months ago listed as needs finishing. I liked it then, but now.....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Land-Rover-Adventure-4x4-300tdi-Overland-Expedition-Motorhome-Camper-Defender-/255488563640?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m2548.l6249&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

I can't afford it, that's probably a good thing.

Mike

• Like 1