The EBay Christ I fancy that 4x4 + its cheap thread

On 3/30/2021 at 7:38 PM, Daan said:

Why are there so many odd ball buyers on ebay, who seemingly can change their mind to suit themselves. I recently sold something, and I mentioned the nearest town for the location, and the buyer decided to cancel the buy, as it was further to travel then expected....all 3 miles of it!

We sold H's old Ibiza about 5 times over on eBay and got p*ssed about by idiots every time, put it up on Autotrader in the end and it went immediately with zero hassle. I rarely bother selling stuff on eBay now as it's not worth the hassle or postage.

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, geoffbeaumont said:

I can't imagine it's actually any good at, well...anything...but looks wise I actually really like that!

Why not? It's built like a tank, it's got tonnes of room, the clearance looks good and it's got smooth torque up the wazoo - other than the fuel consumption I imagine it would be an incredibly smooth way to go overlanding.

3 hours ago, geoffbeaumont said:

I can't imagine it has much axle travel, so it's not going to be tackling anything that would actually require those tires.

Not everything requires huge wheel travel - most of the time just managing to clear taller rocks in the path and having some extra traction is plenty.