What size tyres are you running & picture thread

Agree with the above statement, it seems that once you go over 32" tires you get yourself into problems. I run 255/85's (33.3" tall) When I went up to this size I began breaking halfshafts on the regular bases. BUT a call to Dave sorted that out. :i-m_so_happy:

post-194-0-40393100-1382104017_thumb.jpg

110 front axle, RRC rear axle modified for 110 brakes, 40mm spring spacers for lift. (Soon to have a 110 rear axle)

Todd.

I've been thinking about some 255/85's actually. Seems you can get a Creepy Crawler copy in this size called Ziarelli Maxi

http://tyresdirectuk.co.uk/shop/product-info.php?prodname=&id=31559

Although they seem to be about the same price as a BFG MT KM2, so not sure how good an option it'd be all things considering.

I've been thinking about some 255/85's actually. Seems you can get a Creepy Crawler copy in this size called Ziarelli Maxi

http://tyresdirectuk.co.uk/shop/product-info.php?prodname=&id=31559

Although they seem to be about the same price as a BFG MT KM2, so not sure how good an option it'd be all things considering.

They are retreads so they would be even taller tires, it would be interesting to see how tall they really are.

There's already a thread running on the merit's of both tires. My experience with the KM2's is that they have no lateral grip, disappointing compared to the original km's.

Todd.

I used to run 255/85/16 goodrich mud terrains on my series; using the series 1 transfer box to lower the low range ratio. I broke a few rear shafts on the series axle, than swapped to a salisbury. I never broke the front axle. It was a good setup on the series, very capable as well.

Daan

I'm running 265/75/16 BFGs on disco steels on my stage 1 v8. No lift, standard everything else. Would love some slightly taller tyres (somewhere around an 85 series sidewall) but its really nice on the road and pretty good off road too!

post-38694-0-67528500-1382114642_thumb.jpg

post-38694-0-48750900-1382114797_thumb.jpg

My 88" on colway MT 235/85r16 on stage 1 rims, looks good to me, and behaves ok off Road as on Road, but noisy.

Wears ok, done 30.000 km over 6-7 years, and bought these because" they will rot before i wear them out, with my yearly milage"

Going for same setup on my 109", in AT pattern and maybe wider,

IMG_0375.jpg

750x16 Firestone SATs that are almost as old as me..... they are there because they came on the truck

DSCF2473.jpg

When I have the motor swop, front suspension,the gaurds cut another 4" taller and the new custom axles under it I'll cough for a set of 35x12.5 Micky Thompson Baja Claws