Landreiziger blower motor switch kit

2 hours ago, western said:

When you do see him please pass on my regards, I'm well pleased with the result of fitting their kit. he only got these back in stock recently, I sent a message via their website to order & by one. 

I will do. When I called him in January he didn't have any in stock. But said he could make me one up and would get back to me. He emailed me 1 day later to  say he one ready and shipped it straight from Holland which was perfect as the buklhead and engine loom were going in at that time. I then found out that our chief engineer is a good friend of his. There's a lovely tight-knit community of Dutch LR folks!

On this subject I was asking about why I couldn't find any Landys on Ebay in Holland. The answer being ebay is not allowed in Holland and they use MarktPlatz so if anyone is interested in finding LRs for sale in Holland here's the  link: https://www.marktplaats.nl/z.html?categoryId=124&attributes=model%2CSeries&priceTo=&attributes=&attributes=&yearFrom=&lastPage=l1Cars&newAttributeFormat=true&nl.marktplaats.xsrf.token=1527543589644.68d6a586534a1ec007b874de223ce773

Edited by Pastycrimper
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, western said:

strange as I'm looking on ebay.nl right now 

Well this must be a recent thing! I've just done some research. I think the DUtch setup Marktplaats before ebay existed and ebay merged/bought them in 2004 but continued to use the Marktplaatz site. Obviously that has changed.

Additional: There are a lot more LRs on the Maarktplaatz site than ebay.nl! So I'd still use that if you wree looking for a vehicle in Holland

Edited by Pastycrimper
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, FridgeFreezer said:

Out of interest, if someone could produce a kit like this for half the price, would people be interested?

...just hypothetically of course :ph34r:

If someone were to hypothetically produce one at a cheaper price I would be interested (hypothetically)!

• 4 months later...
On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 10:25 AM, FridgeFreezer said:

Out of interest, if someone could produce a kit like this for half the price, would people be interested?

...just hypothetically of course :ph34r:

Yes. Price is one of the reasons I've just not done it.

Currently rebuilding my 3.5L 110 CSW (respray just finished) I came along this post. I'm also looking for some "upgrades" and the blowermotor control is one of them.

Searching for "Power Control DC5A" Google came up with a much cheaper kit.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Power-Controller-Module-Screwed-Cooling/dp/B003TFIJ4W

Looks very identical.

René

1x 1983 110 3.5L V8 HCPU LHD

1x 1984 110 3.5L V8 CSW RHD

Yeah, we tested a Defender blower, 5A isn't going to cut it...

Bit busy at the mo but haven't forgotten about this, will see if we can come up with anything worthwhile. The eBay PWM controllers are always going to be the cheap fix but I guess the trade-off is ease of fitment / plug-and-play & re-using the original control lever.

In two previous post (Anderzander and Scotts 90) I see 2 pictures of the Power Control DC5A. I assume that their blower is working properly. Beside the 5A version there are also a 10A and a 20A version. According to the instructions of the 5A version: If mounted on a heatsink it will do 10A.

Change the turning potentiometer for a sliding type and you are ready but much cheaper.

René

• 1 year later...
5 hours ago, FridgeFreezer said:

Technically I suppose I have the time at the moment, but no I haven't got round to it yet.

Working out the best way to package it / fit it is the challenge I think.

Put it to the forum for some idea's...

Probably a stupid question...but....I'm asking it! Curious whats the box/unit that goes on the heater assembly with the thermal paste for, and how does that interact with the slider on the binnacle? I'm presuming there's some for of thermostatic control stuff going on?

The control box does the variable speed, the thermal paste is to help keep the control cool by allowing any heat generated inside can be passed to the heater box acting as a heat sink, the dash slider allows the infinite setting of the blower fan. 

3 minutes ago, western said:

The control box does the variable speed, the thermal paste is to help keep the control cool by allowing any heat generated inside can be passed to the heater box acting as a heat sink, the dash slider allows the infinite setting of the blower fan. 

Thanks Ralph - so the siting of the wee box on the heater body is simply convenience not 'thermostatically' important. Grand!

Yes just a easy place to locate it & have sufficient wiring length to connect to blower motor in vehicles loom. It works very well.  If its located elsewhere then the area its fitted to would become the heatsink with the thermal paste between them.