200 tdi conversion downpipe

Hi I wonder if any of yous guy would have a picture of where the for example steve parker down pipe mates with the rest of the exhaust. I am in the process of a full rebuild and engine swap at the same time . I am not paying £144 for a downpipe I can make one easily but I dont know where I want it to exit. I have built everthing else I have search everywhere for a pic  would someone be nice enough to take a pic of theirs .

Thanks andy

1 hour ago, Mo Murphy said:

Fit the rest of the exhaust, make the downpipe to fit between it and the turbo.

Easy to do, no pictures needed.

Mo

I think I just do that mo .I was just trying to get a start/ahead finished during the hoildays, cant get the exhaust just now.The bends cost £2 each and an exhaust 90 bend £10 . I made the chassis so I not paying £144 for a downpipe. Thanks for the constructive replies

Andy

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've just done this, this week.

I got the downpipe from a guy who makes them and sells on ebay:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/defender-90-110-exhaust-conversion-for-discovery-200tdi/324037686441?hash=item4b7226b4a9:g:BysAAOSwH3hZ77gw

So far so good, It fitted very well and cured my rumbly noise (old down pipe touching footwell when engine under load).

9 hours ago, reb78 said:

I haven’t looked but it must be bad as the Steve Parker stuff looks awful in the first place!!

In the case of the Disco 200 downpipe, its got to be that shape to clear everything. The Steve parker one is at least flowing bends. The one in the link is the laziest pie-cut exhaust I'v ever seen.

Nuts, mucked the price comparison up, the Tandy one I checked came with silicon joiners etc for the intercooler as well. 

A slow revving diesel it may be, but it is turbocharged, so say at 14psi it is shoving the same amount of air for a given rpm as a 5.0l petrol. 

Granted it doesn't rev as high(4400?) but then the rover V8 is only 5k redline... 

Can imagine all sorts of flow issues with the Tandy one, and given a turbo engine needs as free a flowing exhaust as possible, it is sure to hurt power/efficiency.