Thoughts and Musings on the Ineos Grenadier

Bowie69

1 hour ago, landroversforever said:

Other than big Americandually pickups I can’t think of any with any shape in the side panels? They’re all just big open and fairly flat. Hard to tell without being next to another brand…. But also possibly slightly lower sided? 

Detachable drop sides like on GS 101s would be a superb option, giving all sorts of loading and mobile machinery options without having to cut and modify the body.

• Like 4

On 1/20/2023 at 9:17 AM, Anderzander said:

Have you seen one in real life ? 

I thought the front looks much better in the real life than it does in photos. 

I'd agree - though the back end of that pickup is going to need to look a lot better... 

Square light clusters would help a lot, but that tailgate somehow looks a bit weird too.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Chicken Drumstick said:

I think it goes to show we are all different. I personally love how it looks. Wouldn't change a thing (only the price, so that I could afford one!!).

None of it is enough to put me off, other than the price (not necessarily unreasonable, but more than I would spend on any vehicle).  But it’ll get facelifts like all models, as well as an industry of personalisation like the Defender.  That’s a good thing - more jobs, more choice, more individuality.

As others have mentioned there is a media show and drive in the North of Scotland at the moment. Driving impressions are embargoed until the 8th February, so expect the 4x4 and automotive press to go nuts after then.

In Switzerland, production vehicles are with the the dealer and new owners have now seen their cars but cannot drive them yet; they still need a software update and dealer-fit accesories added. The dealer, Hedin, has estimated formal release on the 28th February. (In Switzerland, the dealer has to buy CO2 credits and these are time bound, so they have had an early delivery of customer cars).

2.thumb.JPG.e79fcb4eb8d82c491a17039a724ff90f.JPG2.thumb.JPG.e79fcb4eb8d82c491a17039a724ff90f.JPG3.thumb.JPG.5bac4c7324837d4707f31dcf2b6a9ae8.JPG7.thumb.JPG.a1c21c1ae933bfb10514b8c77406bbd0.JPG10.thumb.JPG.75b7634f967c4943a824f82899c27176.JPG  

• Like 2

Carbon credits.  That is a trade worth trillions.  All the evidence ever needed that climate change is a scam.  I feel sorry for the Swiss buyers getting caught up with car dealers having to negotiate with authorities over that and then having inflexible trade and delivery timetables as a result.

I’m also surprised at the French making purchase so difficult, given their vested interest in the vehicle being produced in France.

12 hours ago, jeremy996 said:

New YouTube video from Hedin, the Swiss dealer; a walk around a production car with a commentary in English.

The angle of the opening shot is not kind to the front end, that bumper is something only its mother could love. Don't tell me there will be upgrades to improve the looks and performance either, the thing is expensive enough out of the box.

• Haha 2

There'a a Utube video out there, with SirJim in his office.  On the shelf behind him is a model Grenadier without that bumper.  It suggests a removable item, there to meet regulations in over-regulated markets but potentially replaceable?

Obviously the winch does fit within that space - it's not a leaf-sprung Landcruiser with bulldozer blade in front!

• Like 2