Britcar

reb78

Hmmmm, I am not surprised. I had been looking out to see who were appointed liquidators and could find nothing online.

Mixed feelings to be honest, whilst I loved Britcar of old this new Britcar does nothing to help all the staff that lost jobs without any redundancy pay or the suppliers who presumably also lost out.

Where was that originally posted? Can't see anything on Faceache 

• Like 1

I dont know where it came from. I dont do social media and its been reported on a couple of forums. The website link does say it is coming soon rather than a dead domain for sale type page. 

I hope/assume they will be able to help the staff if they havent moved on to other jobs. This sounded like the intention from the previous facebook posts and I guess we dont know what was said to or done for them at the time the doors closed. 

Anyway. Hopefully its true and they and the staff can get back on track. 

The LRDirect website seems to have gone through a makeover too recently and unfortunately the manufacturer info seems to have disappeared from there which is unfortunate. 

1 hour ago, reb78 said:

The LRDirect website seems to have gone through a makeover too recently and unfortunately the manufacturer info seems to have disappeared from there which is unfortunate. 

just looked at it , and i still see different manufacturers to choose from. (bearmach landrover britpart all-makes)

2 hours ago, hurbie said:

just looked at it , and i still see different manufacturers to choose from. (bearmach landrover britpart all-makes)

Most of those are parts handlers rather than manufacturers unfortunately. They used to indicate some extra info such as if the britpart offering was actually corteco  or britpart no name chinese carp etc. Now all you know is that it is britpart sourced, not the actual brand. 

2 minutes ago, reb78 said:

Most of those are parts handlers rather than manufacturers unfortunately. They used to indicate some extra info such as if the britpart offering was actually corteco  or britpart no name chinese carp etc. Now all you know is that it is britpart sourced, not the actual brand. 

ah , i see what you mean , that was really handy.

Good. One of the major things I liked about them was they charged reasonable P&P for small items. You can't order from most sites now without either incurring £10 postage regardless of the part cost, or over £60 to get free shipping.

I've wanted to buy some washers for the anti roll bar for the last month but I refuse to pay £10 shipping on a 50p part.

I seem to buy a lot of parts on eBay, particularly if I’m looking for genuine. I just bought a flexi brake pipe, a brand I wanted, using a short term 20% off offer. Don’t others do that too, not just using the bigger companies?

I have bought "genuine" parts off ebay, but I don't anymore. I've had a couple that are definitely not genuine parts but supplied in a genuine parts box/bag which I promptly sent back. I'm afraid I just don't trust ebay unless it is the ebay shop for a vendor I trust. 

31 minutes ago, monkie said:

I have bought "genuine" parts off ebay, but I don't anymore. I've had a couple that are definitely not genuine parts but supplied in a genuine parts box/bag which I promptly sent back. I'm afraid I just don't trust ebay unless it is the ebay shop for a vendor I trust. 

I have had similar and you have less comeback. I bought a genuine D2 hub - they arent cheap as the bearing/abs etc is all integral and sealed. I put it on the shelf for a few months, then changed it. It failed within half a mile. I was outside of the time for any comeback via ebay by then. The sellers response was 'nah mate, I aint no dealer' (says it all really and sounded like another type of dealer...). Paypal wouldnt get involved in what they perceived as a warranty issue and my credit card provider wouldnt get involved because their contract was with paypal. I was left out of pocket for £120 (thats why it seemed like a bargain compared to the £400ish for the part from LR) with a scrap bearing. I put an £80 bearmach jobby on the car and its still on there about 60k miles later. 

For me the original Britcar website was by far the best of all LR parts suppliers because when searching a part number it gave multiple options from the cheapest S***part, OEM, genuine Land Rover etc so you could compare prices and make your choice.  I have known Duncan for nearly 20 years and hope that he gets the company back up and running again as their prices were always competitive and the parts came in next day (and also because I only live 4 miles away 🙂).

• 1 month later...

Britcar website is back up and running.

It's the previous version of the site that we all seemed to prefer. I could sign into my account and, further to a conversation I had with them yesterday when I visited their shop, previous discounts that customers had still apply.

Happy days.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This just landed in my inbox;

After a very hard few months, and lots of technical changes, we have now relaunched the original website and are open to orders again!

Unfortunately, we are now operating on a reduced staff basis as we've had to start from scratch. However, you can still find Duncan, Di, Harley, and Martin answering your phone calls and e-mails.

We really hope you spread the word and help us get back up and running once again. Thank you so much for the incredible support over the last few months. You've been a lifeline! 

We look forward to welcoming you back 🥰

www.britcar.com

• Like 2

• 1 month later...